English learning pain points

Как начать изучать язык с нуля, какой метод изучения языка выбрать, получить рекомендации по самостоятельному изучению языка, обсудить другие вопросы.

Модератор: zymbronia

maodzzy

Сообщение maodzzy »

About few months ago I restarted to learn english. And now I start notice that I have some pain points in learning english (difficulty in learning a new words, etc). Also I'm studying to bachelor's degree on statistics and I have an idea. I want to make a little statistical research about the english learning pain points. And I ask you help me to make this research. I created a survey and I will appreciate if you take it. Also after finishing my research I can share with results of my research here and maybe someone can improve himself english learning.
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

maodzzy, please be so kind and explain to us what "pain point" means. We don't know such a term in studying English. Is this term from the medical science?
I cannot understand why you may need such kind of research? Why do you think that studying English must be painful? I don't see any feasibility in such kind of research at all. What kind of benefit could it provide? Is it for your annual credit or what?
VictorB
Благодарил (а): 828 раз

Сообщение VictorB »

maodzzy пишет: 07 фев 2022, 21:39 I have some pain points
Michelangelo пишет: 08 фев 2022, 10:24 Is this term from the medical science?
A new expression to me too, I've taken note of it; for broadly, it may also mean something that is a recurring source of trouble, annoyance, or distress as well as a difficult or challenging aspect of something
(in business English for one).
Not that I'm going to (often) use it in the writing of my own, but, still, when used figuratively, the collocation "pain point(s)" seems to be absolutely valid, too:)
VictorB
Благодарил (а): 828 раз

Сообщение VictorB »

VictorB пишет: 02 мар 2022, 16:47 seems to be absolutely valid, too:)
Here's an example:

Here's another example.
And here's yet another one, this time referring to foreign language learning:)
Ответить