100 дней языка: день 51

Практикуйте написание коротких текстов на любом изучаемом языке на заданную тему.

Модераторы: Chinara, Delly

Chinara
Благодарил (а): 299 раз

Сообщение Chinara »

Ветка для ваших работ по теме 51-го дня.
Правила челенджа «100 дней языка»Показать
Цель челенджа

Цель челенджа - привить привычку использовать язык каждый день, перебороть страх. Главное - постоянство!

Суть идеи кратко

100 дней практикуем написание коротенького текста на изучаемом языке на заданную тему

Правила
  • Главное правило - писать на изучаемом языке КАЖДЫЙ ДЕНЬ 100 дней подряд, пусть даже совсем немного.
  • Участвовать можно всем, с любым уровнем языка.
  • Писать можно на любом изучаемом вами языке. Если их несколько, можете писать на нескольких.
  • Если ваш язык не английский, то в самом начале своего поста указывать тег #названиеязыкамаленькимибукваминарусском, например, для итальянского #итальянский.
    Сам текст начинать с новой строки.
  • Если вы по каким-либо причинам опоздали на начало челенджа, вы можете спокойно присоединиться к текущим темам. Пропущенные темы вы сможете наверстать после окончания челенджа. Как? Пока не решила. Посмотрим в процессе.
  • ТЕКСТЫ МОГУТ БЫТЬ ДАЖЕ ДЛИНОЙ В 2 ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЯ, если пока ваш уровень или другие обстоятельства не позволяют писать больше. Если вы можете писать больше - отлично!
  • Каждое воскресенье в 8:00 МСК в этой ветке форума 100 дней языка (100 дней языка) мной будет вывешиваться список тем на следующую неделю. Список будет содержать темы на всю неделю, каждый пункт списка соответствует одному дню.
  • Список тем будет на русском языке. Вы должны будете перевести вопрос на свой язык самостоятельно.
  • Вы можете предлагать свои темы в этой ветке форума 100 дней языка (100 дней языка). Возможно, мы сможем использовать самые интересные из них в будущем.
  • Каждый день в 8:00 МСК будет появляться новая тема в разделе «Practice Your English”, которая будет называться «100 дней языка: день 1» и т.д. для размещения ваших работ.
  • В каждой ветке дня челенджа темы недели будут для вашего удобства продублированы в первом посте.
  • Если вы по каким-либо причинам не успели написать заданную тему в срок, у вас будет 3 дня, чтобы наверстать упущенное. На четвёртый день в 8:00 МСК тема будет закрыта и вы не сможете ничего в ней добавить.
  • Чтобы чьи-то идеи и тексты, которые успели выложить раньше вас в теме, не мешали вам писать, вы можете сделать это где-то в другом месте в электронном виде, а потом просто скопировать их в нужную тему.
  • По желанию вы можете разместить под спойлер полезную информацию для других: например, список слов и выражений по теме, советы по написанию и т.д. Представляете, если каждый напишет что-то полезное по теме, сколько всего полезного будет доступно для всех! Так мы сможем помогать друг другу!
  • Поскольку 100 дней это на 2 дня больше 14-ти недель, для порядка эти два дня будут прикреплены к первой неделе. Поэтому начали мы в субботу 10.03.2018 года.
  • Преподаватели, а также участники форума с хорошими знаниями языка могут комментировать тексты и помогать исправлять ошибки. При этом необходимо использовать цитирование сообщения участника челенджа для удобства. Просьба делать это вежливо, не оскорбляя чувства участника челенджа.
  • Челендж начался 10.03.2018 года и продлится ровно 100 дней до 17.06.2018 года включительно. Это 14 недель и 2 дня ✊
ВСЕМ УДАЧИ! ЖЕЛАЮ ВСЕМ ПРОДЕРЖАТЬСЯ ДО КОНЦА! 💪✊
Изображение
Полезные материалы по темеПоказать
Ещё раз напоминаю, что в челендже можно участвовать с любыми языками.

Не забудьте, что тема будет закрыта в среду 02.05.2018 года в 8:00 МСК. Поэтому не затягивайте с выполнением задания. Смысл челенджа как раз в том, чтобы не прокрастинировать и начать делать хотя бы немного!

Одним из активных участников челенджа была предложена идея рефлексировать над своими ошибками, анализировать их, что очень полезно для недопущения их в будущем. Это вы можете делать в специальном файле здесь

Кроме этого, на втором листе этого файла вы можете вести словарик понравившихся слов и выражений по теме.

Удачи!
Syaochka aka JuliaKu
Благодарил (а): 105 раз

Сообщение Syaochka aka JuliaKu »

Have you ever returned a purchased item back to the store?

Yes, I have returned many purchased items back to the store.
First of all, I always return defective goods. It is easy.
Next, when I used to spend a lot of time going shopping in the USA, I discovered the only appropriate way of shopping for me (as I hate shopping). I just took all the items I liked and tried them later in a hotel room with my friends. It was much easier to decide what to keep than trying things in a fitting room. Next day I went back to the shop and returned all the items I didn't like.
Yety
Благодарил (а): 3370 раз

Сообщение Yety »

Syaochka aka JuliaKu пишет: 30 апр 2018, 00:27 Have you ever returned a purchased item back to the store? (- 'back' sounds redundant, tautological with 'returned') Yes, I have returned many purchased items back to the store.
First of all, I always return defective goods. It is easy.
Next, when I used to spend a lot of time <going> shopping in the USA, I discovered the only appropriate/suitable way of shopping for me (as I hate shopping).
I just took all the items I liked and tried them on later in a hotel room with my friends.
It was much easier to decide what to keep than trying things on in a fitting room.
The Next day I went back to the shop and returned [sic!] all the items I didn't like.
За это сообщение автора Yety поблагодарил:
Syaochka aka JuliaKu
QwestDay
Благодарил (а): 664 раза

Сообщение QwestDay »

Have you ever received a refund?
Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world. Not all the things are of good quality, therefore sometimes we really need to request a refund on faulty or unused goods. I got refunds many times. Not only because I work for a retail company and it's much easier for me, but also because it's very difficult to understand whether the purchase would be good or not. For example, once I needed a winter coat. I tryed it in the middle of warm November day, while sun was shining and the temperature was above +10. When I wore it at night, the weather was cold and I almost froze. So, I claimed a refund the other day.
Syaochka aka JuliaKu
Благодарил (а): 105 раз

Сообщение Syaochka aka JuliaKu »

I'm really sorry for missing several days of writing! The last week was absolutely awful and busy with everyday hours-long outdoor try-outs of my younger son's dancing team. April and May are always the busiest months for them and for me.

So I am begging you to forgive me for writing here the Day 45's answer:

Do you remember the most expensive thing you have ever bought? Was it worth it?

The most expensive things I've ever bought were my flats and cars, of course. Actually, I'd rather say that I've exchanged the flats, but nowadays you have to sell one flat and simultaneously buy another one, so technically we can name it a purchase. And yes, all those purchases were reasonable and they were worth it.

But I can see that most of our participants wrote about clothes, so I will do the same. It was a short period of my life when I was naturally in love with the Fendi brand. And I was dreaming about a Fendi chinchilla fur coat. But I'd always had both feet on the ground, and I'd never buy a fur coat for that price (it was something about $10,000) even if I won the lottery. I'd rather bought a small flat to lease it. (It was 1998, as I can remember, so the price for a small one bedroom apartment or a studio could be that cheap at that time).

So I was obsessed with that dream about the chinchilla coat and I'd even tried it on once or twice. (It was absolutely gorgeous!). After a while I was travelling to Italy and inevitably I came to the Fendi boutique in Rome. I tried my dream coat on and talked to a shop assistant and both of us were admiring that coat... And finally I bought there a beautiful pair of jeans, two wonderful tops and the best sunglasses I've ever had. I was absolutely happy with my purchase and somehow I've even stopped dreaming about the Fendi coat after that, so I think it was absolutely worth it.
maximus
Благодарил (а): 124 раза

Сообщение maximus »

Have you ever returned an purchased goods to a shop?

Occasionally I return purchased items to shops. In general, I do it with books. Largest internet store Ozon allow such operations within sixty days after purchase. Sometimes I change my mind about books I had bought. And because books are expensive goods I return ones. I have never returned anything else. I don't like to return things. I feel not so good when I do it. It seems me I cheating the seller when I return goods. But I know in some country it is absolutely normal.
Eau
Благодарил (а): 23 раза

Сообщение Eau »

I returned things only a few times. I always try to think thoroughly prior to buying something, because it takes time to go back to a shop. Last summer I got a blouse. When in a store, it seemed to me to be a fit, maybe a bit loose. At home, having tried it on, I understand that a smaller size would be better. So, I ordered the same blouse of a right size and brought it back.
nbulba
Благодарил (а): 91 раз

Сообщение nbulba »

Have you ever taken back a thing bought in a shop?

Yes, a few times I have. The last time it was a pair of sport shoes. They seemed so cool, I really liked them. But by the end of the very first day I wore them they turned into something terribly looking. They were covered with cracks. It was so awful that I became mad. Of course the next day I took them back to the shoe shop. And since then I have never bought anything from that shop again.
За это сообщение автора nbulba поблагодарил:
Mary May
nbulba
Благодарил (а): 91 раз

Сообщение nbulba »

#испанский

¿Alguna vez recuperaste algo comprado en una tienda?

Sí, lo me pasó unas veces. La última vez era un par de zapatos. Estos parecieron geniales, me gustaron mucho. Pero antes del final del primer día se volvieron en algo terrible. Lo me puso triste. Claro que el día seguinte los llevé a la zapatería. Desde entonces nunca he comprado nada allí.
Mary May
Благодарил (а): 2001 раз

Сообщение Mary May »

QwestDay пишет: 30 апр 2018, 21:50 Have you ever received a refund?
Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world. Not all the things we buy are of good quality, therefore sometimes we really need to request a refund on faulty or unused goods. I got refunds many times.... and it is Not only because I work for a retail company and so it's much easier for me to do this as I know/as I am aware of the procedure, but also because it's very difficult to understand whether the purchase would be good or not/would fit you or not. For example, once I needed a winter coat. I tryed tried it on in the middle of a warm November day, while/when the sun was shining and the temperature was above +10. When I wore it at night, the weather/it was cold and I almost froze. So, I claimed a refund the other next day.
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

Eau пишет: 01 май 2018, 18:27 I returned things only a few times. I always try to think thoroughly prior to buying something, because it takes time to go back to a shop. Last summer I got a blouse. When in a store, it seemed to me to be a fit, maybe a bit loose. At home, having tried it on, I understand that a smaller size would be better. So, I ordered the same blouse of IN a right size and brought it the one I had bought the day before back.

to think thoroughly prior to buying something - to think it over before buying something
I got a blouse - I bought a blouse
it seemed to me to be a fit - it seemed to be the right size/my size//
I understand - I understood
За это сообщение автора Mary May поблагодарил:
Eau
Johnwesleyhardin
Благодарил (а): 44 раза

Сообщение Johnwesleyhardin »

Have you ever returned a purchased item to the store?
I knew first what the interned was in 2009 when I was a schoolboy when it was 9 years since Mike had been a user of Efl.ru.
It was summer. We bought a modem that costed 1000 roubles. We were very glad that we were going to have an opportunity to download and get computer games for free. But when we got home we were dissaponted: the modem turned out to be damaged. Next day we were refused to change it to another one. They said all of the items were always checked by them and I might have broken it myself. I am still sorry that I didn't check it when we were in the store.
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

[quote=Johnwesleyhardin post_id=18872 time=1525419662 user_id=438]
Have you ever returned a purchased item to the store?
I knew first learnt for the first time what the interned was in 2009 when I was a schoolboy. <full stop>
It was when it was 9 years since Mike had been a user of Efl.ru for nine years already - интересно, Майк знает, что дата его регистрации на форуме вошла в вашу личную летопись? )).
We bought a modem that costed 1000 roubles. /bought a modem for 1000 rub//
We were very glad that we were going to have an opportunity to download and get computer games for free.//We were very glad that we would be able to download and get computer games for free/...to be able to download and get computer games for free.//We were looking forward to getting/downloading computer games for free.
But when we got home we were dissaponted: the modem turned out to be damaged/it turned out (that) the modem was faulty/it appeared (that) the modem was faulty.
The Next day we were refused to change it to another one/to replace (+ or refund) it.
They said all of the items were always had been already checked by them / they had already checked all the items
I am still sorry that I didn't check it when we were in the store/ i wish I had checked it on site
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Have you ever returned a bought thing back to the shop?
I don't remember returning a thing which I had bought to the shop. Anyway, what should I write if I had returned? Just "yes, I did"? I cannot understand the question. Should I write a story how I had fought the shop assistant when s/he refused to take that thing back? How s/he invented various stories how they cared about their products and their customers and insisted on the quality of their products and that I was wrong by returning the thing and I must have enjoyed the thing instead of returning it? And I should write how inventive I was to convince the shop assistant that they had cheated me by selling that thing to me and they were wrong when they had thought that I was just an oaf?
I need to think of such a beautiful story for longer time, because invention of a story takes longer time as compared with telling a true story.
I will think of it, or I may forget to think. Let's wait and see :)
Yety

Сообщение Yety »

Syaochka aka JuliaKu пишет: 30 апр 2018, 23:07 ... The last week was absolutely awful and busy with everyday hours-long outdoor try-outs of my younger son's dancing team.
... So I am begging you to forgive me for writing here the 45th Day's/_ Day 45's answer:
СпойлерПоказать
So I beg you to forgive me
see performative, aka declarative, verbs
https://www.thoughtco.com/performative-verb-1691606
The English Verb: An Eploration of Structure and Meaning by Michael Lewis:
1) I pronounce you husband and wife.
This usage is restricted to certain verbs - I shall call them declarative verbs - in which the saying of the sentence is the action described by the sentence. Further examples are:
I swear by almighty God... (the oath taken in court)
That's all right, I forgive you.
... Actually, I'd rather say that I've exchanged the flats, but nowadays you have to sell one flat and simultaneously buy the/another one, so technically, we can name call it a purchase.
... It/There was a short period of in my life when I was naturally? virtually? in love with the Fendi brand.
... But I'd always had both feet on the ground, and I'd never buy/have bought a fur coat for that price (it was something about $10,000) even if I had won the lottery. I'd rather have bought a small flat to lease rent it out.
(It was 1998, as I can remember, so the price for a small one-bedroom apartment or a studio could be that cheap/low at that time).

So I was obsessed with that dream about the chinchilla coat and I'd even tried it on once or twice. (It was absolutely gorgeous!).
After a while, I travelled/happened to be was travelling to Italy and inevitably?/eventually? I came to the?/a Fendi boutique in Rome.
I tried my dream coat on and talked to a/the shop assistant and both of us were admiring that coat...
... I was absolutely happy with my purchase and somehow I've even stopped dreaming about the Fendi coat after that/I've stopped ... since then, so I think it was absolutely worth it.
Syaochka aka JuliaKu
Yety

Сообщение Yety »

maximus пишет: 01 май 2018, 09:11 Have you ever returned an purchased goods to a shop?

(Occasionally,) I occasionally return purchased items to shops. (In general,) I do it with books, in fact.
The Largest internet/online bookstore Ozon allowS such operations/gives this option within sixty days after the purchase. Sometimes I change my mind about books I had('ve) bought. And because books are expensive goods, I sometimes return ones them (in that case).
I have never returned anything else. I don't like to return things. I do not feel so/too good when I do it (- you just said you never do it:)). / I wouldn't feel so good if I had to do it.
It seems to me I/It would feel like cheating the seller when if I decided to return the goods I bought.
But I know in some countryies it is absolutely normal/fine to do so.
maximus
Ответить