My perfect daily English plan

Как начать изучать язык с нуля, какой метод изучения языка выбрать, получить рекомендации по самостоятельному изучению языка, обсудить другие вопросы.

Модератор: zymbronia

Koboku
Благодарил (а): 2 раза

Сообщение Koboku »

Hi, guys. I've just made my everyday plan of studying English. And I would like to hear your opinions or some advice about that. I separated it for 5 working days and left 2 days for rest. What do you think about all that?

First day (Reading)
  • SpeakOut. (Every book consists of 10 or 12 units and each unit has a lot of exercises. But in actuality, I only work with BBC Extra Videos and Interviews. They are very good for my ear and all have additional worksheets)
  • Adapted Audiobooks (I found a tone of adapted books on Rutracker and lot of them have audio tracks). Also, I found the WorkAudioBook, that allows you to listen to them by phrases (the program divides audiotrack by subtitles. Sometimes in contrast to audiobooks, I prefer reading comics or manga. After reading each page I plan to make a short summary and tell it to myself or record a sound ;))
  • Tandem + Hi Native. (Tandem is one of my favorite apps to talk to foreign penpals. And the second one is very useful as well, I use it to find out more about other countries culture, check my pronounce and get answers to my questions)
  • Anki (That's another awesome app. Mainly, I use it to reinforce new words or difficult sentences from exercises in my memory. In nearly future I plane to learn a deck with 14.000 first frequency english words with it)
Second day (Vocabulary)
  • SpeakOut.
  • Vocabulary in Use. (Great book from In Use series. It's very colorful, consists a lot illustrasions and also has CDs with additional exercises)
  • Lingualeo + WoordHunt (In this day I want to learn the previews day new words on Lingualeo or Woordhunt. Maybe, time by time I will take special word sets and learn them. After finishing all words I export them to Anki)
  • Anki
Third Day (Writing)
  • SpeakOut.
  • An essay. (I know that writing essays gives enormous push to onwards, but I don't know where to check them on errors. Maybe, this forum will help me)
  • Dictations in RKLIM. (It's program by Oleg Limansky, which helps with pronounce and grammar through dictations and translates. You can find out more on Rutracker)
  • Tandem.
  • Anki
Forth Day (Listening)
  • SpeakOut
  • Movies/Podcasts (I have been going to watch "Friends" for a long time. I, obviously, should do it. I hope hamatata will help me. And, of course, nobody doesn't cancel 6 minute english )
  • Tandem
  • Anki
Fifth Day (Grammar)
  • SpeakOut
  • RKLIM (translation)
  • Grammar in Use
  • Tandem
  • Anki
Последний раз редактировалось Aksamitka 23 апр 2018, 18:04, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Причина: Убран цветной шрифт. п.п. 2.15
Brow
Благодарил (а): 59 раз

Сообщение Brow »

Whenever I made any plans, something always went wrong -I was either too busy, too lazy or too tired.
So I don't make any big plans anymore -it just doesn't work for me .)
Koboku

Сообщение Koboku »

Brow, Yeah, there's the way the cookie crumbles, but plans just help me to focus on something and do more than think
ldk
Благодарил (а): 22 раза

Сообщение ldk »

What is your english level? In my modest opinion, you are writing very well. So, why do you need 'Grammar in use'? Your writing doesn't correspond to what you say.
Koboku

Сообщение Koboku »

ldk, I just have good intermediate level. I didn't make a lot of mistakes because checked text with Grammarly.
ldk
Благодарил (а): 22 раза

Сообщение ldk »

it's clear then. I think, you have a good plan. Are you going to use SpeakOut Upper Intermediate? How long have you been learning English?
Koboku

Сообщение Koboku »

ldk, At the moment I'm using a book for Intermediate learners. Hmm, I started to learn in summer, but made a long break during autumn.
Ответить