100 дней языка: день 44

Практикуйте написание коротких текстов на любом изучаемом языке на заданную тему.

Модераторы: Chinara, Delly

Chinara
Благодарил (а): 299 раз

Сообщение Chinara »

Ветка для ваших работ по теме 44-го дня.
Правила челенджа «100 дней языка»Показать
Цель челенджа

Цель челенджа - привить привычку использовать язык каждый день, перебороть страх. Главное - постоянство!

Суть идеи кратко

100 дней практикуем написание коротенького текста на изучаемом языке на заданную тему

Правила
  • Главное правило - писать на изучаемом языке КАЖДЫЙ ДЕНЬ 100 дней подряд, пусть даже совсем немного.
  • Участвовать можно всем, с любым уровнем языка.
  • Писать можно на любом изучаемом вами языке. Если их несколько, можете писать на нескольких.
  • Если ваш язык не английский, то в самом начале своего поста указывать тег #названиеязыкамаленькимибукваминарусском, например, для итальянского #итальянский.
    Сам текст начинать с новой строки.
  • Если вы по каким-либо причинам опоздали на начало челенджа, вы можете спокойно присоединиться к текущим темам. Пропущенные темы вы сможете наверстать после окончания челенджа. Как? Пока не решила. Посмотрим в процессе.
  • ТЕКСТЫ МОГУТ БЫТЬ ДАЖЕ ДЛИНОЙ В 2 ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЯ, если пока ваш уровень или другие обстоятельства не позволяют писать больше. Если вы можете писать больше - отлично!
  • Каждое воскресенье в 8:00 МСК в этой ветке форума 100 дней языка (100 дней языка) мной будет вывешиваться список тем на следующую неделю. Список будет содержать темы на всю неделю, каждый пункт списка соответствует одному дню.
  • Список тем будет на русском языке. Вы должны будете перевести вопрос на свой язык самостоятельно.
  • Вы можете предлагать свои темы в этой ветке форума 100 дней языка (100 дней языка). Возможно, мы сможем использовать самые интересные из них в будущем.
  • Каждый день в 8:00 МСК будет появляться новая тема в разделе «Practice Your English”, которая будет называться «100 дней языка: день 1» и т.д. для размещения ваших работ.
  • В каждой ветке дня челенджа темы недели будут для вашего удобства продублированы в первом посте.
  • Если вы по каким-либо причинам не успели написать заданную тему в срок, у вас будет 3 дня, чтобы наверстать упущенное. На четвёртый день в 8:00 МСК тема будет закрыта и вы не сможете ничего в ней добавить.
  • Чтобы чьи-то идеи и тексты, которые успели выложить раньше вас в теме, не мешали вам писать, вы можете сделать это где-то в другом месте в электронном виде, а потом просто скопировать их в нужную тему.
  • По желанию вы можете разместить под спойлер полезную информацию для других: например, список слов и выражений по теме, советы по написанию и т.д. Представляете, если каждый напишет что-то полезное по теме, сколько всего полезного будет доступно для всех! Так мы сможем помогать друг другу!
  • Поскольку 100 дней это на 2 дня больше 14-ти недель, для порядка эти два дня будут прикреплены к первой неделе. Поэтому начали мы в субботу 10.03.2018 года.
  • Преподаватели, а также участники форума с хорошими знаниями языка могут комментировать тексты и помогать исправлять ошибки. При этом необходимо использовать цитирование сообщения участника челенджа для удобства. Просьба делать это вежливо, не оскорбляя чувства участника челенджа.
  • Челендж начался 10.03.2018 года и продлится ровно 100 дней до 17.06.2018 года включительно. Это 14 недель и 2 дня ✊
ВСЕМ УДАЧИ! ЖЕЛАЮ ВСЕМ ПРОДЕРЖАТЬСЯ ДО КОНЦА! 💪✊
Изображение
Полезные материалы по темеПоказать

Ещё раз напоминаю, что в челендже можно участвовать с любыми языками.

Не забудьте, что тема будет закрыта в среду 25.04.2018 года в 8:00 МСК. Поэтому не затягивайте с выполнением задания. Смысл челенджа как раз в том, чтобы не прокрастинировать и начать делать хотя бы немного!

Одним из активных участников челенджа была предложена идея рефлексировать над своими ошибками, анализировать их, что очень полезно для недопущения их в будущем. Это вы можете делать в специальном файле здесь

Кроме этого, на втором листе этого файла вы можете вести словарик понравившихся слов и выражений по теме.

Удачи!
Primula
Благодарил (а): 179 раз

Сообщение Primula »

I have never eaten sushi before yesterday evening. I wanted to cook it for a long time but I have never had all the exotic ingredients for this dish. Finally, I have collected them: special rice, nori, rice vinegar, salmon (not a row fish) etc. I didn’t have only the bamboo tap, but I had plastic wrap instead of it. It was quite easy to prepare the sushi. They looked good and almost nice. Unfortunately, I was too enthusiastic about making them beautiful and I didn’t pay enough attention to their taste. Wasabi made them so spicy that we unrolled them again and took away the souse before eating. They looked ugly after that. And the quantity of our food was reduced(. So I decided not to make sushi so seasoned next time. Maybe I will not use any hot condiment at all, but I like the idea of sushi, anyway.
Yety
Благодарил (а): 3370 раз

Сообщение Yety »

Primula пишет: 22 апр 2018, 17:32 I have had never eaten sushi before yesterday evening (- when you did;-)).
I'd wanted/'d been wanting (meaning) to cook it for a long time, but I have never had all the exotic ingredients for this dish.
Finally, I have collected them: the special rice, nori, rice vinegar, salmon (not a row fish) etc.
I didn’t have only the? bamboo tap/The only thing I didn't have was ... , but I had a plastic wrap instead (of it).
It was quite easy to prepare the sushi. They rolls looked good and almost nice.
Unfortunately, I was too enthusiastic about/focus(s)ed on making them beautiful and I didn’t pay enough attention to their taste.
Wasabi made them so spicy/hot that we unrolled/had to unroll them again and took/take away the souse sauce? before eating.
They looked ugly after that. And the quantity/amount of our food was reduced?(.
So I decided to make it less spicy/not to make sushi so seasoned/not to over-season it next time.
Maybe I will not use any hot condiment at all, but I like the idea of sushi, anyway.
За это сообщение автора Yety поблагодарил:
Primula
QwestDay
Благодарил (а): 664 раза

Сообщение QwestDay »

News
First of all, I'd like to point out that this word is uncountable, so nobody is allowed to say "a new" and everybody has to use a singular verb before this word. "That's great news." - you can answer and it would be correct.
Personally, I like listening, watching, pondering over news all my life. These days almost everyone has unlimited access to any recent news, but some people prefer politically-motivated news with a lot of propaganda. I do my best to avoid russian channels' TV news for last 4 years and today I understood the advantage of understanding English: I can listen to BBC Global news. You can certainly see a difference, because BBC contains facts and never force you to believe in their point of view.
It sometimes seemes that following news is a useless habit. I'd like to tell you that when in 2014 dollar rate increased (therefore ruble rate declined), many people didn't realise what was happening. Those, who understood the situation through following news, had an excellent opportunity of exchanging their rubles for dollars so that they saved money.
Mary May
Благодарил (а): 2001 раз

Сообщение Mary May »

QwestDay пишет: 23 апр 2018, 18:38 News
First of all, I'd like to point out that this word is uncountable, so nobody is allowed to /can say "a newS" and everybody has to use a singular verb before with it/this word. "That's great news" - you can answer/say and it would be correct.
Personally, I like listening to the news, watching IT AND pondering over (isn't it too formal?)/reflecting on the news all my life. These days almost everyone has unlimited access to any recent/latest news, but some people prefer politically-motivated -biased news with a lot of propaganda. I do/have been doing my best to avoid Russian TV news channels TV news for the last 4 years and today I understood inderstand /see clearly (- to avoid repetition) the advantage of understanding English: I can listen to the BBC Global news. You can certainly see/detect a the difference, because the BBC contains/just presents (bare) facts and never forceS you to believe in their point of view.
It sometimes seems/It may sometimes seem/It might sometimes seem that following THE news is a useless habit.But I will give you (quite) the opposite example:// I will prove the opposite: I'd like to tell you that when in 2014 dollar rate suddenly sharply increased/rocketed (therefore ruble rate declined/with ruble rate consequently declining), many people didn't realise what was happening. Those, who understood the situation through following news, // ... those who followed the news understood the situation and had an excellent opportunity/chance of to exchanEging their rubles for dollars so that they AND saved THEIR money.
За это сообщение автора Mary May поблагодарил:
QwestDay
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Free topic
What do people write as a free topic about? I think it must pose some difficulty as I cannot see many essays in this thread. Or perhaps it is too early and soon we’ll see a great number of essays on free topic.
I actually don’t know what topic I can pick up to discuss. It is difficult to write on a definite topic and it is even harder to write about something elusive.
I am not sure that to write about food or gardening or anything like this would be a good idea. However, why not? Maybe it is better to write about modern technologies or environment protection? What about green-house effect? Will our polar glaciers melt in the nearest future? How will the sea level rise after that? Will people still have a place to live after that or they will have to build a new Noah’s boat to save their lives?
Maybe we can discuss films to be created in the future? Or about new saving energy technologies. Or new kinds of energy that will make people forget about current problems with oil and gas? Do you think suicide is a good idea to save the environment? How much environment resource does every one waste? Shall we change our way of living or even our bodies to go on safely? Shall we live like spirits without bodies at all and consume the sun energy directly not to polite the environment? Which topic is more topical at the moment? What shall be discussed?
nbulba
Благодарил (а): 91 раз

Сообщение nbulba »

I picked a random question from the web.

Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?

Well, I'd say I'm a bit of both. I hate missing a plan when I'm going to do something. And at the same time I don't have enough persistence to develop a pretty detailed plan. I always try to left a bit of space for the spontaneity. I'm sure you all guys know that our lives consist of such small things the majority of which one can't plan ahead. And it feels good to me, it's really really good. Because we aren't robots, we aren't supposed to do only what's meant to be done. Sometimes we need to do what we want instead.
nbulba
Благодарил (а): 91 раз

Сообщение nbulba »

#испанский

¿Te gusta planear con anticipación en detalle o ser espontáneo?

Bueno, soy un poco de los dos. Odio faltar un plano cuando voy a hacer algo. Y al mismo tiempo no tengo bastante persistencia para devolver un plano bueno con muchos detalles. Simpro intento dejar un poco de espacio para la espontaneidad. Estoy seguro que todos vosotros sabéis que nuestras vidas consisten de tan cosas pequeñas la mayoria de las cuales nadie puede planear con anticipación. Y lo me hace sentir muy bien. Es que no somos robots, no debemos hacer solo lo que hay necesario. Algunas vezes necesitamos hacer lo que quieremos.
maximus
Благодарил (а): 124 раза

Сообщение maximus »

I would like to tell you about my pets. I like pets very much. Without a shadow of a doubt, my wife and I are true pet lovers. We have a cat, a dog, a guinea pig and golden fish in an aquarium. We have had two cats until recently but the oldest cat passed away the previous year. We are very friendly family. My pets have never hurt each other. The dog sometimes even licks the guinea pig. The cat hasn't paid attention someone but humans. Many people ask us about how we manage so many pets. It is easy in fact. Love is important.
За это сообщение автора maximus поблагодарил:
Mary May
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

nbulba пишет: 25 апр 2018, 06:29 Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?

Well, I'd say I'm a bit of both. I hate missing a plan when I'm going to do something. And at the same time I don't have enough persistence to develop a pretty detailed plan. I always try to left a bit of space for the spontaneity. I'm sure you all guys know that our lives consist of such small things the majority of which one can't plan ahead. And it feels good to me, it's really really good. Because we aren't robots, we aren't supposed to do only what's meant to be done. Sometimes we need to do what we want instead.
I hate missing a plan when I'm going to do something - I hate having no action plan (when I'm going to do something) {expression meaning a to-do plan}
I don't have enough persistence (is it the right word here?) to develop a pretty detailed plan. - maybe, I'm not scrupolous enough to develop a pretty detailed plan/to plan in detail
try to left a bit of space for the spontaneity - try to leave a bit of room for spontaneity {expression}
the majority of which/most of which
one can't plan ahead - you/we {потому что вы, вроде, обращались к guys, при этом объединяя себя с ними} can't plan ahead/can't predict///the majority/most of which can't be planned ahead/cant be predicted
we aren't supposed to do only what's meant to be done - we can't do only what's supposed to be done {это можно считать придиркой к содержанию, с т.зр. языка/грамматики все верно}
nbulba
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

maximus пишет: 26 апр 2018, 09:44 I would like to tell you about my pets. I like pets very much. Without a shadow of a doubt, my wife and I are/can be called true pet lovers. We have a cat, a dog, a guinea pig and golden fish in an aquarium/in a tank. We have had two cats until recently but the oldest cat passed away /
died { "passed away" is a bit too...much - will all respect} the previous year. We are A very friendly family. My pets have never hurt each other. The dog sometimes even licks the guinea pig. The cat hasn't paid doesn't pay ANY attention TO ANYsomeone but humans. Many people ask us about how we manage to keep so many pets. It is easy, in fact. Love is important/What you need is love )) /The only thing you need is love/The only thing that is important is love.
maximus
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

Michelangelo пишет: 24 апр 2018, 11:20 Free topic
What do people write as a free topic about? I think it must pose some difficulty as I cannot see many essays in this thread. Or perhaps it is too early and soon we’ll see a great number of essays on free topic.
I actually don’t know what topic I can pick up to discuss. It is difficult to write on a definite topic and it is even harder to write about something elusive.
I am not sure that to write about food or gardening or anything like this would be a good idea. However, why not? Maybe it is better to write about modern technologies or environment protection? What about green-house effect? Will our polar glaciers melt in the nearest future? How will the sea level rise after that? Will people still have a place to live after that or they will have to build a new Noah’s boat to save their lives?
Maybe we can discuss films to be created in the future? Or about new saving energy technologies. Or new kinds of energy that will make people forget about current problems with oil and gas? Do you think suicide is a good idea to save the environment? How much environment resource does every one waste? Shall we change our way of living or even our bodies to go on safely? Shall we live like spirits without bodies at all and consume the sun energy directly not to polite the environment? Which topic is more topical at the moment? What shall be discussed?
Just a few suggestions.
in the nearest future (Runglish) - in the near/immediate/foreseeable/not-too-distant/short-term future
Will people still have a place to live after that or they will have to build a new Noah’s boat to save their lives? - ...or WILL they will have to build a new Noah’s Ark to save their lives? (word order)
new saving energy technologies - new energy-saving technologies
Do you think suicide is a good idea to save the environment? - Sorry???
not to polite the environment - a typo
Johnwesleyhardin
Благодарил (а): 44 раза

Сообщение Johnwesleyhardin »

Free topic

Once upon a time A man of year 30-35 lived in a small village. He was a whimperer and a cry-baby. Why? When someone joked and expressed opinions that he didn't like, he always became angry and got irritated and answered back. No one could ask him anything nor discuss important questions. Usually he liked to write on forums and other sites where there were a lof of people. Once he was found and hit in real life because while feeling insulted and oppressed again, he hurt someone's feelings. The oppressed man turned out to be the same whimper and the cry baby like him, two weepers met and fought.

Moral:
Don't be a weeper
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

Johnwesleyhardin пишет: 27 апр 2018, 12:44 Free topic

Once upon a time there was a man... - traditional beginning
... a man of year 30-35 - a man in his thirties/in his mid-thirties/in his early thirties - выберите уж что-нибудь из этого, боюсь, не получится сказазать "in his early-mid thirties" ))
whimperer (понимаю, конечно, но ни разу не встречала) and a cry-baby (кажется, чаще пишется слитно без дефиса)
...When someone joked/made jokes/told jokes OR expressed opinions that he didn't like/share, he always became/got/felt/grew/turned angry and got irritated and answered back. No one could ask him anything nor discuss important questions with him. Usually he liked to write/writing on forums and other sites where there were a lof of people/...sites with a lot of people/users.
Once he was found and hit in real life because while feeling insulted and oppressed again, he hurt someone's feelings. The oppressed man turned out to be the same whimper and the cry baby like him, two weepers met and fought. - maybe, sth like this "Once his (online) opponent, whose feelings he (had) hurt/who(m) he had insulted online/on the forum, found/managed to find him in real life and they had a fight. Ironically, that man happened to be the same crybaby as our hero. So, the two.........

Moral:
Don't be a weeper -???
Мне подсказали (вроде "звонка другу"):
The conclusion: Don't be a whiner
Последний раз редактировалось Mary May 27 апр 2018, 14:06, всего редактировалось 3 раза.
Johnwesleyhardin

Mary May пишет: 27 апр 2018, 13:20 Moral:
Don't be a weeper -???
Ну, типа: "Мораль: не будь нытиком"
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

Generally, agree. But how it helps here?
Johnwesleyhardin

Mary May пишет: 27 апр 2018, 13:31 Generally, agree. But how it helps here?
I meant that man was hit at last because of being too sensitive. And if you are weeper too, you will be hit at last as well, something like a fable
Mary May

Сообщение Mary May »

Michelangelo,
Прошу прощения, обнаружила свою ошибку (не убрала одно слово при копипасте):
Mary May пишет: 27 апр 2018, 11:53 Will people still have a place to live after that or they will have to build a new Noah’s boat to save their lives? - ...or WILL they will have to build a new Noah’s Ark to save their lives? (word order)
Ответить