CELTO (преподавание онлайн)

Как начать преподавать, как провести первый урок, рекомендации по литературе для начинающих преподавателей.

Модераторы: JamesTheBond, mikka

Manekineko
Благодарил (а): 49 раз

Сообщение Manekineko »

Добрый день! Кто-нибудь проходил такой курс: http://intesolrussia.com/%D1%80%D1%83%D ... o/?lang=ru ?
Насколько полезную информацию вы получили и помогло ли это эффективнее преподавать по скайпу?
Irregardless
Благодарил (а): 583 раза

Сообщение Irregardless »

Меня заинтересовало. Поддерживаю вопрос, поднимаю тему.
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Писала им через форму на сайте- не отвечают.
Сейчас написала на имейл и в скайп. Жду ответа.
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Мне ответили!!!
Ольга, добрый день

Спасибо Вам за интерес к программе CELTO (Certificate in English Language Teaching Online). Подробную информацию о программе курса Вы можете найти в файле в пристежке.
Курс дистанционный, все учебные материалы Вы получаете в электронном виде, изучаете их и выполняете отчетные задания. Срок обучения зависит в первую очередь от Вас, т.е. как быстро Вы выполните все задания по курсу. Достаточным условием для получения сертификата CELTO является сдача всех письменных работ, выпускного экзамена нет.
Сертификат оформляется и заверяется в головном офисе Intesol World Wide, Великобритания. Задания проверяет преподаватель-тренер TESOL c которым Вы общаетесь по электронной почте. Он высылает Вам задания и материалы, проверяет и комментирует Ваши работы. Так же Вы получаете доступ к он-лайн платформе, где находиться необходимый учебный материал.

Стоимость курса 195 британских фунтов, оплата принимается в рублях по курсу фунта к рублю по ЦБ РФ на день оплаты + 2% конвертация. Для ориентировочного расчета Вы можете все цены умножать на 80, у Вас получится сумма в рублях.

Для начала обучения по курсу CELTO нужно подтвердить Ваш уровень владения английским языком. Вы можете предоставить один из сертификатов: IELTS Academic 6.0 / IELTS General 6.5 / TOEFL iBT 74 / Cambridge exams FCE Grade A, CAE Grade C or higher) ИЛИ пройти наш входной тест (высылаю в пристежке). Тест выполняете в формате Word и отправляете мне, я пересылаю на проверку в головной офис. Вместе с тестом нужно прислать заполненную заявку участника.

Более подробно с программами курсов и дополнительной информацией о возможностях трудоустройства Вы можете ознакомиться на нашем сайте: http://intesolrussia.com

Буду рада ответить на все возникшие вопросы, пишите здесь или в WhatsApp.

С наилучшими пожеланиями,

Анна
INTESOL Russia
authorised by INTESOL WORLDWIDE and iTEP
ICEF Trained Agent Counsellor
Quality English Authorised Agent
www.intesolrussia.com
+7 495 720 30 39
+7 914 791 66 80

To be first to know about special offers, teaching resources, TEFL
jobs and tips please join our pages:
https://www.facebook.com/RabotaZaRubezom/
https://vk.com/intesoldv
https://www.instagram.com/intesol.fareast/
За это сообщение автора Irregardless поблагодарил:
Manekineko
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Pre-Interview Task очень легкое, В2 максимум. Сюда постить не буду. Думаю, каждому высылают индивидуальное.

Вот еще кое-что оттуда.
CELTO (Certificate in English Language Teaching Online)

“LEARN ONLINE TEACH ONLINE”

WHAT OUR COURSE WILL OFFER FOR YOU

WE DO THIS
We prepare you to be a successful online English teacher with the freedom to work anywhere, anytime!
WE ARE AWESOME AT THIS
We have trained thousands of TEFL teachers, graduates and non-graduates, native speakers and non-native speakers. All you need are fluent English, determination and willingness to learn. We will make you into an online TEFL teacher.
WE DO THIS AS WELL
We have been training TEFL teachers for 23 years and are well known and respected in the TEFL industry. This means your TEFL certification will be instantly recognised internationally as being of excellent quality.
OUR SUPPORT IS THE BEST
Your tutor will be an experienced teacher holding a Masters degree in TESOL as a minimum qualification. S/he will offer you all the support and feedback you need to succeed. INTESOL Worldwide has strong relationships with online English tutoring companies. We can guarantee an interview with one of these online companies.

WHY CHOOSE CELTO
REASON ONE
You can study the CELTO course online from your desktop, laptop or mobile device whenever and wherever you want. There are no set start dates and no time limit. You have the freedom and flexibility to fit your TEFL studies around your lifestyle. You can even study on the beach!
REASON TWO
This course will teach you how to make money teaching English online! Full-time or part-time, you choose! For yourself or for a company, you choose!
REASON THREE
The CELTO course is externally accredited, meaning the content and teaching methods have been scrutinised externally to meet industry standards. This means you can be sure you’ll participate in a fruitful learning experience.

Teach English Online From Anywhere In The World!
Teaching English Online is a booming industry. Now that fast internet connections are the norm worldwide you can make a living teaching English online from pretty much anywhere!
The CELTO (Certificate in English Language Teaching Online) is at the forefront when it comes to providing quality training that prepares you to teach English online.
Even if you have taught in the classroom, you will be sure to find the insider tips contained within this course to be hugely beneficial!
Would you like to create a lifestyle with the freedom to work from ANYWHERE in the world with an internet connection?
Teaching English online is the way to go, and we’ll help you get started.

ABOUT COURSE
Eligibility
No prior qualifications or experience are required. Fluent English, determination and willingness to learn are all you need.

CELTO Course Structure
Within 24 hours of enrolling in the CELTO course you will receive login details for the INTESOL Online Campus. The CELTO course consists of ten units. Each unit has course notes, self checks and assignments that you will study at your own pace. Once your final task has been graded by your tutor you will submit your completion form to begin the certification process.
Duration of the CELTO Course
There are approximately 50 hours of work in the course. As a general guideline most students complete the course in about 4 weeks, however if you need more time this is not a problem.

COURSE CONTENTS
Unit 1: Teaching Online
 Why teach online? Freedom. Flexibility. Types of students. Self- development. Low costs.
 Preparing to teach online. Professionalism. Patience. Persistence. Willingness to market yourself.
 Technical know-how. Linguistic tools. Teaching tools. Sense of humour.
 What kind of teacher will you be?
 The role of the teacher
Unit 2: Bringing About Success
 Helping your students succeed
 Encouraging production
 Ask don’t tell
 Encouraging fluency
Unit 3: The Basic Principles of All TEFL/TESOL
 Looking after your students
 Using realistic language – shortened forms – accent
 Keeping students’ interest – LTTT – how to LTTT
 Correction
Unit 4: Teaching Grammar
 Making grammar interesting
 Different grammar perspectives
 Inductive v deductive grammar
 Chinglish, Konglish and their cousins
 How to teach grammar (includes Back to Basics Grammar)
Unit 5: Teaching Pronunciation
 Why do we all sound different?
 Diagnosing pronunciation problems
 Raising awareness
 The most common problems
 Useful and engaging methods (includes IPA)
Unit 6: Planning Your Teaching
 Proper Planning Promotes Professional Performance
 Deciding your aims
 Structuring your lesson
 Making the best use of your plan
 Self-evaluation
Unit 7: Finding and Keeping your Students
 First decision: How will you work?
 Build a comprehensive client base
 Don’t be afraid of networking
 Consider how you’ll demand a good rate
 Choose your platform and technology
Unit 8: Practice, Production and Progress
 The student ‘lifestyle’
 The challenges of practising L2 in a totally L1 environment
 Groups or individuals?
 How can we recognise progress?
Unit 9: Designing Materials and Courses
 Sources for materials
 Creating your own materials
 Becoming a course designer
Unit 10: Establishing and Growing an Online Presence
 Using social media
 Using ESL websites
 Building your own website

CELTO Course Fees £195

 All the training you need to become a successful online English teacher with the freedom to work anywhere, anytime!
 The security of gaining an internationally recognised qualification.
 The CELTO issued by ALAP, the awarding body (on successful completion).
 Course Transcript issued by ALAP detailing the course units studied.
 Please note: there are no set start dates and no time limits
Manekineko
Благодарил (а): 49 раз

Сообщение Manekineko »

Спасибо за информацию. Если решите записаться на курс, возможно, вы будете первопроходцем :), т.к. не нашла никаких отзывов по этой программе. Но сама программа похожа на другие онлайн-курсы TEFL/TESOL, разве что есть дополнения вроде "Choose your platform and technology", "Using ESL websites" и т.п.
За это сообщение автора Manekineko поблагодарил:
Irregardless
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Manekineko, хочется пройти, все-таки, сертификат не помешает, и курс мне показался интересным, но довольно дороговато, буду копить деньги.
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Размещаю свое Pre-Interview Task, чтобы остальные интересующиеся могли оценить сложность теста и свои силы (пройдено успешно, я зачислена на курс).

INTESOL Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages

Pre-Interview Task

Candidate name: ...

Please read and answer the following questions. Write all your answers on the sheet. Please refer to any grammar or methodology books if needed.
The purpose of these tasks is to introduce you to some of the features of the course and provide a starting-point for the selection interview.

SECTION ONE: LANGUAGE ANALYSIS

A) GRAMMAR

• Identify the following tense and verb forms in italics.

a) I’m visiting Mary next week.
Present Continuous Tense (Present Progressive), the verbs to be and to visit.

b) How long have you lived in that town?
Present Perfect Tense, the verbs to have and to live.

c) By this time next week, I’ll have finished the course.
Future Perfect, the verbs to have, to finish, will.

d) The hotel was built about two hundred years ago.
Past Simple, Passive Voice, the verbs to be and to build.

Пометка учителя-носителя: Well-done!

• In the following incorrect sentences, look at the verbs in italics and:
a) correct the sentence
b) name the correct tense
c) say what the meaning of the correct tense is.

EXAMPLE:
He’s visiting his grandmother every Sunday.
a) He visits his grandmother every Sunday.
b) Present Simple
c) Used to express habitual actions.

1. I’m here now for six years
a) I’ve been here now for six years.
b) Present Perfect.
c) It expresses a past event that has present consequences.

2. I watch a film at the moment.
a) I’m watching a film at the moment.
b) Present Continuous (Progressive).
c) It describes something which is happening at the exact moment of speech.

3. He has been to Paris six years ago.
a) He was in Paris six years ago.
b) Past Simple (Past Indefinite)
c) It is used principally to describe events in the past.

4. Welcome! Will you like a cup of tea?
a) Welcome! Would you like a cup of tea?
b) Would, modal auxiliary verb, conditional mood.
c) It expresses polite requests and questions.

5. Suddenly, at the metro turnstile, I realized that I didn’t take my metro card.
a) Suddenly, at the metro turnstile, I realized that I had not taken my metro card.
b) Past Perfect.
c) Indicates that an action was completed (finished or "perfected") at some point in the past before something else happened.

B) VOCABULARY

How would you explain to a student the difference between the following pairs of
words:

• slim / thin
Thin: Amount of fat: No fat
Slim: Amount of fat: Low amount of fat
Thin: Weight: Under weight
Slim: Weight: Just the right weight or slightly underweight
Connotation: Thin: Negative
Connotation: Slim: Positive
Desired term: Thin: The word thin is not desired by people as it reminds them of malnourishment.
Desired term: Slim: Slim is a term that people like to be known by, as it means that a person is attractive and desirable.

Antonyms
Thin: Thick
Slim: Fat

• borrow / lend
Lend means ‘give something to someone for a short time, expecting that you will get it back’. The past simple and the -ed form are lent:
I never lend my books and laptop to anyone.
I lent Harry $100. (I expect that Harry will return this to me)
Borrow is a regular verb meaning ‘get something from someone, intending to give it back after a short time’:
Could I borrow your pencil for a minute, please?
Thomas used to borrow CD from me all the time.

• rob / steal

Rob and steal both mean ‘take something from someone without permission’.
Rob focuses on the place or person from which the thing is taken:
The gang robbed three shopping malls over a period of six months, but were finally caught.
Our local post office was robbed early on Monday morning.
A youngster was attacked and robbed as she walked home from work last night.

Steal focuses on the thing that is taken:

The thieves entered the museum through the roof and stole three collections of jewelry worth more than two million euros.
Our motorcycle was stolen from outside our house last week.
We usually don’t say rob + object stolen:
He stole my debit card.

C) PRONUNCIATION

Underline the syllable that takes the main stress, e.g.

interesting inhibition adversary
/ˈɪn.trəs.tɪŋ/ /ˌɪn.hɪˈbɪʃ.ən/ /ˈæd.və.sər.i/
economy economics economical
/iˈkɒn.ə.mi/ /ˌiː.kəˈnɒm.ɪks/ /ˌiː.kəˈnɒm.ɪ.kəl/
import (noun) import (verb) communicative
/ˈɪm·pɔrt, -poʊrt/ /ɪmˈpɔːt/ /kəˈmjuː.nɪ.kə.tɪv/
important employer employee
/ɪmˈpɔː.tənt/ /ɪmˈplɔɪ.ər/ /ɪmˈplɔɪ.iː/

Well-done!

SECTION TWO: APPROACHES TO TEACHING

a) You want to teach -“ in case ” - as in “he has two sets of keys in case he loses one” to a group of adult intermediate students. What would you do?

I would have a picture showing a set of keys dropping down a drain and him still having another set or smth.

b) You need to teach – ‘some’ and ‘any’ to a group of adult elementary learners. How would you do this?

For "any" I would show where a magician asks someone to pick a card.
For "some" I would show they have picked several biscuits up off a table or smth.

SECTION THREE: MOTIVATION.

Please write about your reasons for taking the INTESOL Teacher Training course. Write about 300 words.
I would like to provide you with a full comprehensive list of my reasons why I am eager to take this course.
First of all, I would like to get lots of methodological, educative, and tutoring feedback from my trainers.
Secondly, it is essential for me to learn how to structure my lessons as well as shorten the time I spend preparing for every lesson and optimise the time I spend checking my students’ homework.
Thirdly, it is of great importance to me to learn how to provide the information for my students in an easy to understand and amusing form and manner as well as to find a way to make the tasks for students to be bite-sized and easily digested.
Similarly, it could be indispensable for me to learn how to organize lessons if students have a flexible schedule and cannot attend lessons on a constant basis having a strict, fixed schedule.
Moreover, I need to know how to help my students to struggle with their fossilized errors and mistakes.
Not only that but also it would be crucial for me to study how to reduce the gaps between my students’ knowledge and skills. In the same way, it is vital for me to study how to reduce the gap between miscellaneous skills.
Additionally, it is highly significant for me to learn how to activate background skills and extra-linguistic knowledge which my students obviously have which may help them to increase their learning ability.
Furthermore, it is highly important for me to get to know how to optimise the time they spend preparing for their exams.
Equally important for me is to learn how to help my students to grasp a great amount of information while using less energy and effort.
Besides, I am interested in knowing how to push and inspire my students to keep moving forward as well as helping them to overcome procrastination or prevent there appearing to be any signs of procrastination.
I dream of becoming a guru-teacher for my students.

Пометка учителя-носителя: Your test is outstanding. The grade is A1.

I'm sure INTESOL will help you to succeed in your teaching career!
With your results you can join any TESOL course.

Письмо: Dear Olga,

We found your Pre-Interview test outstanding!

Visual aids and interactive presentation of materials will help you to organize your learning process and motivate your students in the classroom (brainstorming, project work and so on, e.g:

http://www.mindtools.com/brainstm.html
https://marketplace.visual.ly/?source=homepage

Your grade is A1, we hope you’ll enjoy the course.

Grades according to TESOL certificate:

A1 - Distinction, outstanding work

A2 - Excellent

B1 - Very good

B2 - Good

C - Satisfactory

We highly recommend you to take the course, because you'll have more time to complete your assignments and get better results.

After signing the contract, you'll get the account (login) and password to the educational platform by e-mail. Then, you start the programme. It takes you 1,5-3 months to finish the course.

We aim to work in an environment that is challenging and fun, and we seek to meet and hire the most talented and ambitious people to join us on our journey. You are interested in teaching of a foreign language in different countries all over the world, you’re welcome!

We're looking forward to answer all your questions.

With best regards,

INTESOL staff
Silver04
Juliemiracle
Благодарил (а): 1174 раза

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Irregardless пишет: 14 июн 2018, 17:20 We're looking forward to answer all your questions.
Только меня вот это смущает?
За это сообщение автора Juliemiracle поблагодарили (всего 3):
Роман Молти, Irregardless, Irina_Ru
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Juliemiracle, действительно. Может, опечатка? Вот их сайт: http://intesolrussia.com/русский-celto/?lang=ru
Роман Молти
Благодарил (а): 301 раз

Сообщение Роман Молти »

Irregardless пишет: 14 июн 2018, 17:20 You are interested in teaching of a foreign language
Прям как образец рунглиша. Псевдородительный падеж обозначить через of.

Еще какое-то странное предложение
We highly recommend you to take the course
Я бы так точно не употреблял, но на 100 процентов не уверен, что так недопустимо писать. "Highly recommend" используется, когда рекомендуется какая-то вещь, сервис. А вот "strongly recommend" это про рекомендацию делать что-то. Так звучит, как будто тебя рекомендуют для курса.
Имеется ввиду же следующее (варианты почти равнозначны)
1) "We strongly recommend that you take the course"
2) We highly recommend the course to you
3) you are strongly recommended to take the course (но как-то по стилю слишком грубовато звучит).
Последний раз редактировалось Роман Молти 14 июн 2018, 19:00, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
За это сообщение автора Роман Молти поблагодарили (всего 2):
Irregardless, Juliemiracle
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Роман Молти, спасибо!! Выходит, только зря время на них тратила. Лучше готовиться к Пирсоновскому PTE, а этот сертификат-фигня??
Роман Молти
Благодарил (а): 301 раз

Сообщение Роман Молти »

Irregardless, я с преподаванием никак не связан, поэтому ничего рекомендовать здесь не могу. Я просто на огонек заглянул из-за любопытства.
За это сообщение автора Роман Молти поблагодарил:
Irregardless
Natalie
Благодарил (а): 21 раз

Сообщение Natalie »

Там еще пунктуация кое-где вызвала у меня вопросы.
Irregardless, какие-то правда они подозрительные.
За это сообщение автора Natalie поблагодарили (всего 2):
Irregardless, Juliemiracle
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Natalie, спасибо большое за предупреждение!!! А то бы сейчас выкинула деньги не знай на что. Я их письма не особо внимательно читала.
Natalie
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Natalie пишет: 14 июн 2018, 19:04 Там еще пунктуация кое-где вызвала у меня вопросы.
Согласна. Особенно зпт перед because.
+ вот это:
Irregardless пишет: 14 июн 2018, 17:20 to finish the course.
Я бы сказала complete хотя бы.
И это:
Irregardless пишет: 14 июн 2018, 17:20 You are interested in teaching of a foreign language in different countries all over the world, you’re welcome!
Какая-то странная структура, ИМХО.
За это сообщение автора Juliemiracle поблагодарил:
Irregardless
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Juliemiracle, большое спасибо!! Выходит, я пишу грамотнее их. Конечно, может у них только такой менеджер бестолковый, но они должны отвечать за персонал, который нанимают.
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Irregardless,
ну, я как-то не представляю, чтобы в серьезной организации рассылались письма низкого качества потенциальным клиентам. Это же явно стандартный текст, а не лично вам какой-то человек писал. Скажем так, 5-ый кредит я бы на это точно брать не стала.
Irregardless
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Juliemiracle, спасибо!! Буду лучше готовиться к Пирсоновскому PTE Level 5.
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Irregardless пишет: 14 июн 2018, 19:37 Буду лучше готовиться к Пирсоновскому PTE Level 5.
Может, лучше чуть притормозить и спокойно сдать ваш важный экзамен в магистратуре пока? А то за всеми зайцами погонишься...
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Juliemiracle, экзамены у меня уже через 6 дней заканчиваются в магистратуре. А что я летом делать буду? :) Надо же лето спланировать. Жалко тратить время на отдых.
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Irregardless,
во-первых, мне кажется, в нашей работе отдых -- это критически важная вещь. Выбрались бы куда-то, хоть в санаторий какой, если на курорт очень дорого.
Во-вторых, вы же какой-то курс на курсере делаете. Может, его сначала закончить спокойно, а потом браться за следующую задачу?
Я бы так поступила, пожалуй.
Irregardless
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Juliemiracle пишет: 14 июн 2018, 20:01 Irregardless,
во-первых, мне кажется, в нашей работе отдых -- это критически важная вещь. Выбрались бы куда-то, хоть в санаторий какой, если на курорт очень дорого.
Во-вторых, вы же какой-то курс на курсере делаете. Может, его сначала закончить спокойно, а потом браться за следующую задачу?
Я бы так поступила, пожалуй.
Да, я TESOL там прохожу. Но, про отдых вы очень хорошо сказали. Верно подмечено!
Aurora_Borealis
Благодарил (а): 3 раза

Сообщение Aurora_Borealis »

если внимательно почитать, что у них на сайте, то вы и в русском языке найдете массу ошибок)))
эх, каких только нынче умельцев не развелось (((
Sergeevna
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Sergeevna »

Подниму тему.
Никто так и не решился пройти курс?

Сегодня написала им напрямую https://celtocourseточкаcom/
Ответить