Free and Cheap eBooks

Обсуждение книг на английском языке, домашнее чтение, правила чтения на английском языке. Развитие письменной речи. Эссе, деловое письмо и другие виды письменных работ.

Модератор: zymbronia

Chaika
Благодарил (а): 6 раз

Сообщение Chaika »

I hope this is the right place to put this info.

I recently came across http://www.ereadernewstoday.com/ . You sign up to receive email notices of inexpensive books you can order online. You pick out the categories in which you are interested. You will be sent to Amazon.com to download your choice.

The books are mostly American and contemporary, so you will be reading modern English and modern culture. In the couple of fiction books I've read the writing is fairly easy and uncomplicated, with lots of dialog.
За это сообщение автора Chaika поблагодарили (всего 3):
cherkas, Белая Мишка, Genie
Mountbatten
Благодарил (а): 135 раз

Сообщение Mountbatten »

Thank you, I have just signed up and let’s see how it works.
alex789
Благодарил (а): 368 раз

Сообщение alex789 »

Chaika пишет: 09 окт 2020, 18:09 I hope this is the right place to put this info.

I recently came across http://www.ereadernewstoday.com/ . You sign up to receive email notices of inexpensive books you can order online. You pick out the categories in which you are interested. You will be sent to Amazon.com to download your choice.

The books are mostly American and contemporary, so you will be reading modern English and modern culture. In the couple of fiction books I've read the writing is fairly easy and uncomplicated, with lots of dialog.
The truth is, if you were born by a Russian mother and grew up here, on this side of the ocean, I mean, you just go to a well-known website and get what you need for free. This is how it works here :)
mustang
Благодарил (а): 926 раз

Сообщение mustang »

alex789 пишет: 10 окт 2020, 01:45 if you were born by a Russian mother and grew up here, on this side of the ocean,
It might come as a surprise to you but the biggest torrent sites are based in western countries not in Russia or Ukraine for that matter.

Downloading or uploding files without the consent of authors has nothing to do with one's geographic location.
alex789 пишет: 10 окт 2020, 01:45 This is how it works here :)
Well, 99,9% of dubious internet practices have come from the west.
Chaika
Благодарил (а): 6 раз

Сообщение Chaika »

In my editing the "free books" phrase got deleted. Yes, there are some freebies on offer too.
За это сообщение автора Chaika поблагодарил:
mustang
alex789
Благодарил (а): 368 раз

Сообщение alex789 »

mustang пишет: 10 окт 2020, 11:02 It might come as a surprise to you but the biggest torrent sites are based in western countries not in Russia or Ukraine for that matter.
Well, I meant Vk.com :)
Ответить