FCE Writing by Chinara

Подготовка и впечатления от сдачи экзамена. Помощь в разборе письменных работ. выбор и обсуждение необходимых материалов. Cambridge English (CPE, CAE, FCE ect.), IELTS, TOEFL и другие.

Модератор: mikka

Chinara
Благодарил (а): 299 раз

Сообщение Chinara »

Занимаюсь по нескольким учебникам. В частности по Gold First.

Буду благодарна, если прокомментируете мои работы и оцените, по возможности, по критериям оценки FCE
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

GOLD FIRST Course Book - Unit 1

TASK: Informal email

You have received an email from a student called Max. Read this part of the email and write your email to Max.

I'm moving to your town soon to go to college.
Can you tell me what kind of things there are to do in the evening for students and what you like doing best?
Thanks
Max

MY WRITING:

Hi Max,

How have you been? It’s really been ages since I last heard from you.

I’m really stoked that you are going to come to my city and I hope I can give you a couple of tips about spending free time here in Bishkek.

Ala Too square is among the top things to go in Bishkek. The square has kept its unmistaken Soviet design, but Lenin has been replaced by the Kyrgyz hero Manas.

The other popular things to do in Bishkek is exploring the bazaars. The biggest and most colourful market in Bishkek is Osh bazaar. Here you can find anything. From cheap chinese imports to traditional clothes, Kyrgyz Shuurdak, souvenirs and food items. It might be noisy, smelly and chaotic, but no other market is so rich in local colour.

As for me and my friends, we usually spend our evenings in cafes having dinner. Cafe Faiza is one of my favourite places to eat on a budget. They have a nice menu with both Russian and Kyrgyz food like plov, beef stroganov, borsht and laghman.

Well, that’s all for now. I hope you are going to have a blast and drop me a line if you need anything else, OK?

Have a good one and catch up soon.

Best wishes,

Chinara
Libra
Благодарил (а): 1594 раза

Сообщение Libra »

Chinara,
Чинара, ваше письмо выглядит очень достойно, как для в2. Единственный вопрос, это как экзаменаторы посмотрят на то, что в ответ на вопрос "what kind of things there are to do" вы фактически пишите о "what places there are to visit". В принципе это тоже занятие, но лучше это именно описать это как вид деятельности, например, "the best way to spend your time here is to have a stroll around.... ." Но далее вы пишите о шоппинге, хотя опять описываете это не как деятельность, а место. Но это такой спорный момент.
В целом ошибки есть, но они не мешают пониманию текста, лексика достаточно разнообразна, использованы устойчивые выражения и идиомы. Письмо написано логично и последовательно, использованы различные связующие элементы, задание вы выполнили, стиль и структуру соблюли.
Если вы ждете того момента, когда будете писать и говорить без единой грамматической ошибки, то можете никогда не дождаться этого.
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

Libra, спасибо, обнадёжили.

Буду дальше постить здесь свои каракули. Писать легче чем говорить - есть время подумать.

И признаться честно, я пишу пока с опорой на всякие устойчивые выражения. Накопала их из сети. Теперь пытаюсь запомнить наизусть

Про то что надо, наверное, лучше написать про активности, а не места, думаю вы правы. Спасибо. Не обратила бы внимания на это сама
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

Это не совсем FCE задание. Просто тренировала использование лексики из English Vocabulary in Use Upper Intermediate- Unit 30 Health and lifestyle:

I am trying to keep fit at the moment. I’ve got rid of eating junky food and also cut out on sugar and fizzy drinks. I try to eat a lot of superfoods like apples to lower my cholesterol, vegetable juice to reduce the risk of heart disease.

I think that we are what we eat. In my opinion, our food may prevent or cause diseases and can improve or harm our mental as well as physical health depending on what we eat.

I do not have bad habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol because they cause serious harm to our body. I also avoid stressful situations if possible not to cause high blood pressure, increase risk of heart attacks and depression.

I am not overweight but I want to be slimmer. The easiest way to maintain a good level of fitness is just make exercising your daily routine. I do not get regular exercise but I am on my way to it. Recently I began walking and slow running every other day. I also try not to use elevator to my 6th floor.

I hope someday I will have a well-build and nice figure. And what is more important I will have good health all my life.
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

English Vocabulary in Use Upper Intermediate- Unit 22 Food:

My family enjoy going out to Georgian restaurant called Shashlychnaya #1. We like this restaurant because all foods are prepared from organic products. We love to eat barbecue, hachapury, share a dessert, and have beer.

When my birthday was coming up my husband planned a night out at our favorite restaurant in town. He called a restaurant to make a reservation beforehand. Fortunately they have tables available.

We went there in the evening with our two children. We had a salad for a starter. For main course we ordered mix of several kinds of barbecue and special Georgian bread called hachapury. All foods were tasty but a bit stodgy as for me. BQs were savoury and not overdone or undercooked. We also ordered some milk cocktails for our son and daughter. They were quite sugary, but they liked them.
We also had fried potatoes and some rise as side dishes.

We had a great time that day.
Juliemiracle
Благодарил (а): 1174 раза

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Chinara пишет: 19 июл 2020, 21:58junky food
junk food?
Chinara пишет: 19 июл 2020, 21:58 cut out on sugar
cut down on?
Chinara пишет: 19 июл 2020, 21:58 I do not have bad habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol
smoking or drinking?
Chinara пишет: 19 июл 2020, 21:58 The easiest way to maintain a good level of fitness is just make exercising
to make?
Chinara пишет: 19 июл 2020, 21:58use elevator
use the elevator?
Chinara пишет: 19 июл 2020, 21:58 a well-build and nice figure
well-built?
За это сообщение автора Juliemiracle поблагодарил:
Chinara
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Juliemiracle пишет: 19 июл 2020, 23:21to make?
do?
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Michelangelo,
no, her complete expression is 'to make sth one's daily routine'; it doesn't refer to 'exercising'.
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Juliemiracle, thank you. I didn't read the initial sentence :(
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

Juliemiracle, это исправления? Или мне надо подумать над правильным вариантом самой?

Спасибо за проверку 😉
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

Juliemiracle пишет: 19 июл 2020, 23:21 cut down on?
cut down on - означает уменьшить потребление, а я хотела сказать совсем исключила из потребления. Там тоже вроде какой-то фразовый глагол был. Не помню какой. Не get rid of, а что-то другое 🤔
Eager Beaver
Благодарил (а): 901 раз

Сообщение Eager Beaver »

Chinara пишет: 21 июл 2020, 09:04 Там тоже вроде какой-то фразовый глагол был. Не помню какой.
cut out
За это сообщение автора Eager Beaver поблагодарил:
Chinara
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

Chinara пишет: 21 июл 2020, 09:01 это исправления? Или мне надо подумать над правильным вариантом самой?
I've offered my corrections; '?' means 'maybe this?'
Chinara пишет: 21 июл 2020, 09:04 cut down on - означает уменьшить потребление, а я хотела сказать совсем исключила из потребления.
cut out on sugar?
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dic ... cut-out__7 (#3)
За это сообщение автора Juliemiracle поблагодарил:
Chinara
Yety
Благодарил (а): 3370 раз

Сообщение Yety »

Chinara пишет: 21 июл 2020, 09:04 исключила из потребления
https://www.google.com/search?q=cut+out ... etcUFtBztM
За это сообщение автора Yety поблагодарил:
Chinara
Chinara

Сообщение Chinara »

TASK: Informal email

You have received an email from your English-speaking friend, Julia:

Subject: Music Club

I’m going to start a music club here! I want to play music from all over the world, and I’d like to visit your country to get ideas. When’s the best time to come? What’s the best way to find out what kind of music young people like?
Can you recommend some local music clubs I could visit?

Reply soon,
Julia

MY WRITING:

Hi Julia,

I’m sorry I haven’t been in touch for such a long time. How are you? How have the family been? I hope you are well.

Great news about your visit to my country. It’s a really amazing idea to set up your own music club and I’ll be happy to be in handy. I’m glad you asked me for advice.

Well, I have to say the best time to come to Kyrgyzstan especially if you are interested in local music is summer. We have two music festivals here in July and in August. First one is about traditional Kyrgyz music and will take place on the shores of lake Issyk-Kul. The second festival is a modern music festival which is usually held in Bishkek. And both of them could help you to get to know our young people preferences. I’m sure you will enjoy visiting our most popular among youth music club called Promzona, where you can listen to jazz, rock and pop music from local singers and bands.

Well, that’s all for now. I hope you are going to have a blast and drop me a line if you need anything else, OK?

Have a good one and catch up soon.

Best wishes,
Chinara

(207 words)
Ответить