B2 writing

Подготовка и впечатления от сдачи экзамена. Помощь в разборе письменных работ. выбор и обсуждение необходимых материалов. Cambridge English (CPE, CAE, FCE ect.), IELTS, TOEFL и другие.

Модератор: mikka

Marusya

Сообщение Marusya »

Здравствуйте!
Готовлюсь к сдаче FCE, взяла за основу учебник Gold First. Нет проблем с fluency, но, как в анекдоте, говорю быстро, но такую фигню... Поэтому решила как-то все это систематизировать. Можно ли попросить здесь посмотреть на письменные задания? Или лучше в разделе writing? Или это вообще неуместно?
Первое задание informal letter
You have received an email from a student called
Max. Read this part of the email and write your
email to Max.

I'm moving to your town soon to go to college, I
Can you tell me what kind of things there are to
do in the evening for students and what you like
doing best?
Thanks
Max

My letter
Hi Max,

It is great to hear from you again. I haven't heard from you for ages, how is it going? As for me, I was very busy in the last two weeks preparing for my exams. I hope I'll pass them with flying colours.

It's great news about your relocation to my town, so we'll see each other before long. Congratulations! I'm sure you've made the right choice. There are a lot of things to do for students in the evenings here. You can hang around the city centre, visiting small bars and cafes with your new friends. Not just that, but also there is a big cinema in the town, so you can spend time there as well. On top of that if you are not that kind of person and prefer to spend your spare time more active - you can go to the gym with the huge swimming pool.

As for me, I prefer to spend my time in the gym most. Although I can go there only occasionally, not as often as I should.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you in the near future.

Love, Marusya
Последний раз редактировалось Marusya 09 июл 2020, 20:06, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Marusya

Сообщение Marusya »

Essay
Is it better to have a small or a large age
difference between siblings?
Notes
Write about:
1 competition
2 friendship
3 your own idea

There are very few things we can say for certain about whether it’s better to have siblings with a big age gap or not. Does it really crucial or is that just the tip of the iceberg in a family relationship?

According to the last psychological research which was published recently, the level of competition between siblings of the same age is dramatically high. It refers not to just their parents’ attention, but mostly to their immediate environment, namely peers and classmates. Upon closer inspection, however, this behaviour is more common for boys, not for girls or children of different genders.

It could be hard to be friends if there is a large age difference between siblings. It stands to reason that they have different values and interests appropriate to their age. It’s much easier to share same interests with children in close age.

In most cases, older children are bound to take care of the younger ones, so it feels like they lose their own childhood.

With all that in mind, it’s safe to say that it’s an equivocal topic. Children may be best friends and help each other out in times of need throughout all their lives despite their age gap.
Ответить