IELTS - сочинение, нулевое развитие мысли

Подготовка и впечатления от сдачи экзамена. Помощь в разборе письменных работ. выбор и обсуждение необходимых материалов. Cambridge English (CPE, CAE, FCE ect.), IELTS, TOEFL и другие.

Модератор: mikka

WorkingAnt
Благодарил (а): 6980 раз

Сообщение WorkingAnt »

cherkas, скачала, формирую paraphrasal exercises. В очередной раз убеждаюсь, что платить преподавателям надо больше. :) Это ж сколько времени вместе с проверкой сочинений кушает подготовка сложных случаев. Тут не раз по 90 мин, а 3 раза по 90 минут (если качественно).
За это сообщение автора WorkingAnt поблагодарил:
cherkas
cherkas
Благодарил (а): 4794 раза

Сообщение cherkas »

WorkingAnt, очень сложные вообще - ну их, в 90% не столько платят.
За это сообщение автора cherkas поблагодарил:
WorkingAnt
Juliemiracle
Благодарил (а): 1174 раза

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

cherkas пишет: 22 июн 2020, 11:36 очень сложные вообще - ну их, в 90% не столько платят.
I don't quite agree. Sometimes you need to take on difficult cases as it is they that keep you going, make you develop, turn you into a better (and potentially more highly-paid) teacher. If you only work with simple cases day by day, you stagnate.
cherkas

Сообщение cherkas »

Juliemiracle, it's OK if you really develop but not only suffer working on something really complicated for qiute a low reward, just because a student can't estimate their skills, abilities, desires and ideas about the course, unfortunatelly, it's usually the case. I'm talking about this kind of stuff, I don't reject challenges, no way. But we can't live on air, and, as they say, nerve cells do not recover.
WorkingAnt
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

cherkas,
that's why I wrote 'sometimes'. Perhaps 'occasionally' would be even more suitable here :) And certainly such 'difficult cases' shouldn't put too much strain on a teacher's psyche.
За это сообщение автора Juliemiracle поблагодарили (всего 2):
cherkas, WorkingAnt
cherkas

Сообщение cherkas »

Juliemiracle, i do agree.
WorkingAnt
WorkingAnt

Сообщение WorkingAnt »

By the way, here's my student's essay - have a look.
Here's the topic:
The media pay too much attention to the lives and relationships of celebrities such as actors, singers or footballers. They should spend more time reporting the lives of ordinary people instead.

Nowadays media pay to much attention for celebrities and spor stars life and relationship. Media should focus on ordinary people.
Media should write about celebrities gobs. They should show how hard to be a famous person. Also media should write about records that celebrities do. For example, media can write about the world score record in hockey that Alex Ovechkim made last year. Also, media should write about mistakes that celebrities do. It will help people to understand how hard is their live.
On the other hand, media should write more about ordinary people. Some people cane be genius in different things such as sports, science or art but no one knows about this people because media do not report lives of ordinary people. Moreover, if media write about people how need help a lot of people start helping this people.
To sum up, media should write not only about relationships of famous people they also, need to make accent on normal people.
WorkingAnt

Сообщение WorkingAnt »

OMG, isn't it?

Crawled away crying.
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

WorkingAnt пишет: 22 июн 2020, 14:01 Here's the topic
Can you provide the task as well? Usually, it's 'to what extent, etc', but it would be nice to see the exact wording in this particular case.
Juliemiracle

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

WorkingAnt,
I think for the time being you need to forget about language and paraphrasing (too early for that) and focus on the content and structure. There's basically no intro or the writer's position throughout the work, the structure doesn't help develop the position and the paragraphing is really unbalanced. He probably needs a strict template - what to write in the intro, in para 1, the linking devices he could use in each particular part, etc. I'd devote several classes to writing and do process writing in class, not as h/w. If you already do everything that I've mentioned and he still writes like that... Well, I don't know what to advise then.
The good thing is he's got an example from his own knowledge or XP (about Ovechkin); however, almost every statement he makes should be explained and illustrated - fewer statements - more explaining and illustrating.
If it's 'an extent' task, he needs to show whether he agrees completely/partially, and ideally not only in the conclusion but, as I've said earlier, throughout the whole piece.
Последний раз редактировалось Juliemiracle 22 июн 2020, 14:34, всего редактировалось 3 раза.
WorkingAnt

Сообщение WorkingAnt »

Juliemiracle, you're right, it's "to what extent do you agree\disagree". Thanks for looking through the essay.
WorkingAnt

Сообщение WorkingAnt »

Juliemiracle, you're right about the template. Besides, he knows the linking words and we've already written over 15 essays, may be even more. He doesn't use any of the words he knows, though.
Update - I decided to check his Reading, which was supposed to be good, but - alas - it is a 4 after all. Maybe he simply copied the answers every time he was given the Reading passage to do. It's hard to tell because he's working from his smartphone and I can't see what he's doing, but his book has the answers. Now the picture is much more transparent, there's consistency in performance.
cherkas

Сообщение cherkas »

WorkingAnt, это явно отсутствие скилла у человека. И неразвитость речи. Есть такие люди, ты их режь, а они отвечают односложно. У меня джуниор такой. Надо просто тренировать до бесконечности.

Я ж пытаюсь добиться, нашли ли вы полезным Global? Мне кажется, он явно заточен в тч под IELTS.
WorkingAnt
WorkingAnt

Сообщение WorkingAnt »

cherkas, пока не составила про Глобал однозначного мнения. Чуточку побольше проработаю и скажу. А то второпях как-то.
За это сообщение автора WorkingAnt поблагодарил:
cherkas
Ответить