The novice begins to

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

Beginner
Благодарил (а): 36 раз

Сообщение Beginner »

Michelangelo пишет: 22 окт 2020, 08:49 bad because you keep using google to write. Give up google translate and your grammar and writing will soar to the B2 level
Thanks for the advice. But nobody will be check my text. I want to start improving my writing more seriously when I'll finish blue Murphy. I write myself but then I check text through... (not google, other machine), then I post it in the forum. I think If I will post messages immediately, without checking, I can't see the obvious mistakes and you maybe don't even start reading text with the many different mistake and answer me (maybe it's wrong). But sometimes I see that my sentences are done simpler by artificial intellect. There where I use the Present Perfect AL changes to the Past Simple, when I use the Passive Voice AL often changes it to Active Voice. It's annoying. Besides, I don't write often.
Well, I've just written this text without checking grammar. So what? Is it better for a readers? I have many doubts. I almost don't pay attention for English - "the", "a" and "an". It's bad. Something inside me doesn't want to do it).
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

Dragon27, I've just mentioned that watching a movies is more difficult for me and described the process which probably occurs in my mind. Of course I don't do anything efforts to imagine each words. Everything happens quickly when I listen to a podcasts (for my level) even if the people say fast.
Dragon27
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Dragon27 »

Well then put effort into not imagining words, if imagining words is causing problems. Put effort into understanding directly without the help of a mental visual representation of what you're hearing (If you can't understand the meaning without imagining words as you seemed to imply in the post above). Or just watch more movies (or better yet, TV series) until the problem goes away. You should force your brain to learn to overcome the difficulties. What do you mean by podcasts of your level? Can you listen to authentic podcasts not targeted at foreigners learning the language and understand them?
За это сообщение автора Dragon27 поблагодарил:
Beginner
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

https://soundstream.media/clip/privet-katya
The girl here is talking enough fast (for me), but it's all clear for me. Don't say me she is Russian. She has good English. It's just instance. It would be hard to understand for me without 3 month learning. Can I feel a bit of proud by myself or not? )
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

Dragon27 пишет: 22 окт 2020, 10:07 Or just watch more movies (or better yet, TV series) until the problem goes away.
You are right. It is just question of training and habit.
Michelangelo

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 10:14 She has good English.
How is it possible that you can assess somebody's English once you don't speak English? Or you speak it?
I am sure that only those can evaluate somebody's English who could speak it well enough themself.
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

m..mm Hasn't she have bad English?
I traveled to a foreign country alone two times and I, of course, spoke in English a little. And everyone understood me. Once I spoke with a foreigner almost one hour. But I spoke simple, slowly and with the errors. I, for example, can differ accent British, American, Indian, French. It's not a big deal. But I don't consider "I can speak English". My standards aren't used to do it.
Dragon27

Сообщение Dragon27 »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 10:14 The girl here is talking enough fast (for me), but it's all clear for me. Don't say me she is Russian. She has good English. It's just instance. It would be hard to understand for me without 3 month learning.
What kind of movies are you trying to watch after three months of learning? The girl speaks fine, and her pronunciation is clear enough for a beginner, I think. Just keep slowly (or rapidly) racking up the difficulty and practicing, what else can I say?

By practicing I mean practicing listening. There's no sense in practicing making mistakes, really. I would cut back on writing and speaking or tried to do it as error-free as possible.
Последний раз редактировалось Dragon27 22 окт 2020, 10:58, всего редактировалось 2 раза.
За это сообщение автора Dragon27 поблагодарил:
Beginner
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

Dragon27 пишет: 22 окт 2020, 10:44 What kind of movies are you trying to watch after three months of learning?
the movie "Good Will Hunting", "Secret files".Just keep slowly (or rapidly) racking up the difficulty and practicing, what else can I say? Yeah. I think better slowly.
acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 08:40 Acapnotic, how are you, mate. How is your health?
Deteriorating gradually, I guess, as it should be.
Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 08:40 Is in your life anything light and pleasure.
Not much. My operating system is still buggy. :)

What about you? Are you well?

As for your English, sometimes it's fine. Apparently it's so when you put in more time and effort. I don't think that trying to write fast is going to do you much good. Yes, we'll be able to understand you, but that won't be fun. I'd rather recommend that you keep trying to write in correct English. You are capable of that, as some of your posts have shown.
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

acapnotic, I am very glad to hear you. I can answer later.
Now I'm going to go to the shop for my dream - blackboard! And maybe for educational English stuff... .
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 10:41 My standards aren't used to do it.
my standards don't allow me to think like this
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 11:30 my dream - blackboard!
Hmm... The thing they write on in the classroom? What use do you have for it?
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

acapnotic,I'll write some from English grammar on the blackboard. It helped me memorize at school. When something is in front of your nose, you memorize it whether you want to or not. I like a large surface on which I can to write or draw. I like markers.

I am writing and writing and I can't stop.
I can type quickly in Russian because I took the course "Solo keyboard", but I can't type the same thing in English. It's sad. I'm thinking of taking a similar course in English.
To write now, even with mistakes is useful for me. I fell that I'm freeing up, relaxing. Just psychological moment.
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 12:52 I can type quickly in Russian because I took the course "Solo keyboard", but I can't type the same thing in English. It's sad. I'm thinking of taking a similar course in English.
That's strange. After I had mastered touch typing in Russian, it probably took me about a couple of hours to learn to do the same in English. Your fingers already know where the keys are. You just need to figure out what those keys mean in English. I remember that I simply pressed the keys and noticed what appeared on the screen (not looking at the keyboard).
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

acapnotic, I think it also depends on knowing English.
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Beginner пишет: 22 окт 2020, 13:27 I think it also depends on knowing English.
I don't think so. Sic transit gloria mundi. Is this English? No, Latin. :) Hitler kaputt! This isn't English either. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. This isn't any language at all, just the alphabet.
Dragon27

Сообщение Dragon27 »

Yeah, touch typing is easy. Once you figure out how to do it once, you can easily learn to do it in any other keyboard layout (with some practice).

Kinda like learning languages :)
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

I knew Russian, I knew the alphabet, but it took me a while to type quickly with ten fingers without looking at the keyboard. When I type words in Russian, the words that appear in my head immediately turn into text. Being able to type in Russian, of course, it's only a matter of time to learn how to type in English.
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Hey Beginner, how is your blackboard working? Are you satisfied with its performance?
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

I am completely satisfied. The Board has already started to help me (to)(my)progress. Right now, I'm thinking about the sentence in the passive where you are present.[img] [I am completely satisfied. The Board has already started to help me (to)(my)progress. Right now, I'm thinking about the sentence in the passive where you are present.img]
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

O, something wrong
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

acapnotic, I can't to paste the image of the board. I push on the button "image", then paste the image, next push on the "send", but nothing isn't being done (. Well let it be.
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Beginner, where is the image located? It should be uploaded to some site, like https://fastpic.ru/, for example. This forum doesn't host images.
Beginner

Сообщение Beginner »

Oh, the image is in my smartphone.

The sentence is "The strange acapnotic's opinion isn't being accepted by our friendly community." I am putting the question for the word "our". What should I use? - "What friendly community... ?" or "Whose friendly community... ?"
Ответить

Вернуться в «Practise Your English»