Diglot Weave

Как начать изучать язык с нуля, какой метод изучения языка выбрать, получить рекомендации по самостоятельному изучению языка, обсудить другие вопросы.

Модератор: zymbronia

Zlatko_Berrin
Благодарил (а): 1045 раз

Сообщение Zlatko_Berrin »

Здравствуйте!

Наткнулся на этот метод здесь:
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... PN=9&TPN=2
и
http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/fo ... =9173&PN=1

А потом и на неболшое исследование:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2814026421

Seems it's worth a try. А что думаете вы?
acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Zlatko_Berrin пишет: 01 апр 2020, 00:17 Seems it's worth a try. А что думаете вы?
If you have a group of people ready to use it, then maybe. Otherwise, I don't quite understand how you are going to use this method. Suppose you start writing posts here, inserting foreign words in them. People will simply get irritated because they won't understand you.
Zlatko_Berrin
Благодарил (а): 1045 раз

Сообщение Zlatko_Berrin »

acapnotic пишет: 01 апр 2020, 06:44 I don't quite understand how you are going to use this method.
Well, I'm gonna try it as a vocabulary-learning technique, not as a way of communicating with people.

I found this similar to what I made up and told about in this thread:
Мой revolutionary бред: давайте дружно пофлудим и закидаем меня тапками (Основной форум об изучении английского языка)
But the Diglot Weave method doesn't require any changes in the words we learn.

I don't know why but I'm inclined to believe that we learn vocabulary of our mother tongue much easier and faster even if we aren't children anymore.
So it looks as if the English word becomes sort of a Russian word.

OK, I'll just try it out and we'll see what's gonna come out of it.
acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Zlatko_Berrin, OK, I see. Well, a foreign word in a Russian sentence will at least stand out, and that might hypothetically help you focus on it and remember it more easily. Maybe it's really worth trying, but I don't think I will. Anything that implies extra physical effort scares me. Of course, if you come back and say that it works wonders, then it'll be a different matter. :)

As for learning our native vocabulary, indeed, I don't remember ever looking up any word in the dictionary. Somehow I managed to learn them from the context. I've thought of it many times actually, and always with amazement. How was I able to do it so quickly and easily? Of course, I remember there were footnotes in some children's books that explained some words, but those were a minority, I think.

However, I've noticed sometimes that my understanding of some words are not quite correct. Also, some words are actually just familiar to me, so I don't stumble over them when I read, but I don't really know what they mean, or have just a vague idea. Various special terminology, foods, plants, birds and the like. But if I come across such words in English text, I can't just as easily skip over them. I need to know at least the Russian equivalent, even if it's equally meaningless to me.
Ответить

Вернуться в «Основной форум об изучении английского языка»