эссе(ЕГЭ)

Обсуждение книг на английском языке, домашнее чтение, правила чтения на английском языке. Развитие письменной речи. Эссе, деловое письмо и другие виды письменных работ.

Модератор: zymbronia

kukukonn

Сообщение kukukonn »

проверьте, пожалуйста, эссе

A person who is fluent in a foreign language can easily work as an interpreter.

If a person speaks freely in any foreign language he could translate speech orally with great ease. Some people claim that one who is fluent in a not native language can easily be an interpreter, while others argue that it is not.

Personally, I think that such job is hard even for fluent speakers. First of all, it is not only about language skills. Interpreters always out and about talking with people, so diffident person can feel uncomfortable. Moreover, interpreting assignments can entail working under pressure, travelling a lot, last-minute call-outs and working out of hours. It requires emotional stability and flexibility.

However, some people argue that if you speak two or more languages well it means you can be an ideal interpreter. They guess that it is the language is the hardest thing to master and the more the better.

I cannot agree with this opinion because anyone can be bilingual but not every person can handle with this profession. Asides from knowing languages, interpreters need to have outstanding linguistic skills and have a deep understanding of culture and, above all, master the art of interpreting.

To sum up, not every bilingual can work as an interpreter. Taking into consideration different opinions on this issue, I presume that speaking different languages ​​well and quickly is not enough for interpreting. This occupation requires attention to many aspects of language and also developed social skills.
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

kukukonn пишет: 25 дек 2019, 20:03 a not native language
a non-native language
kukukonn пишет: 25 дек 2019, 20:03 They guess that it is the language THAT is the hardest thing to master and the more the better.
This sentence is difficult to understand. Remake it.
Asides - besides?
kukukonn пишет: 25 дек 2019, 20:03 not every bilingual can work as an interpreter
it is true, however, the arguments given are weak in my opinion. I think you, first of all should have avoided repetitions (though you tried hard to avoid them, there are still some), and secondly, an interpretor depending on his/her scope of work, doesn't necessarily have to know the culture of peoples who use English or any other language, but only of this group of people he/she is going to interpret for. However, maybe it is more important to know the profession and related issues about which the interpretation is going to be done. It is difficult. In my opinion, an interpretor must have a quick mind, and good communication skills, as sometimes s/he must not only interpret but entertain :), ie, fill gaps between conversations.
It is really difficult to imagine all aspects of the profession. You need know the language, the subject, and culture, and be good at communication in general. However, sometimes you can go without anything but good standing in the two languages you are working within.

Sorry for this confusing comment.
kukukonn

Сообщение kukukonn »

Thanks a lot
It was very helpful~
Chaika
Благодарил (а): 6 раз

Сообщение Chaika »

speaks fluently
he might be able to translate
non-native language
argue that this is not the case.

this kind of work is hard
Interpreters are always out
so an introverted? person might feel
assignments may involve
working after hours

They suppose [or:believe] that it is the language that is hardest to master
>>I don't understand: and the more the better.

Aside from
language skills, have a deep
to have mastered the art

consideration the varying [or: differing]
I believe that speaking
Ответить