Не раздражают советы - общаться с нативами?

Как начать изучать язык с нуля, какой метод изучения языка выбрать, получить рекомендации по самостоятельному изучению языка, обсудить другие вопросы.

Модератор: zymbronia

garans
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение garans »

Michelangelo пишет: 20 дек 2019, 16:35 garans, isn't it good enough for an average student who hasn't studied it professionally?
I don't know.

For me C1 wasn't difficult.
But my listening is a far cry from listening abilities of natives.
Michelangelo

Сообщение Michelangelo »

garans пишет: 20 дек 2019, 16:39 For me C1 wasn't difficult.
But I am a far cry from listening abilities of natives.
Lucky you!
I could just dream of B2, if I didn't hire Astrologer to help me to achieve C1, and it would be going to happen only in a year. Poor me :(
garans

Сообщение garans »

Michelangelo пишет: 20 дек 2019, 16:43 Lucky you!
I could just dream of B2, if I didn't hire Astrologer to help me to achieve C1, and it would be going to happen only in a year. Poor me :(
Just learn enough words to read without vocabulary.
Read 20-30 books with good understanding.
It'll be enough to be prepared in a month or two and pass CAE, imho.
Michelangelo

Сообщение Michelangelo »

garans пишет: 20 дек 2019, 16:49 Just learn enough words to read without vocabulary.
Read 20-30 books with good understanding.
I started to read books almost without using a dictionary when I knew about 1500 words. Of course I couldn't get a full understanding of the plot in those parts containing a great number of new words, but I guessed their meanings whenever I had an idea what they could mean.
Since then I have read maybe about 80 to 100 English books of 200 to 400 or even more pages (Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings). Of course there were some places which could have remained a riddle for me. However I could have understood the general idea. And those tests of vocabulary, sometimes they show that I know about 22 000 words, minimum - 12 000 - it depends on a test or on words which they are testing.

However, I don't feel like passing IELTS or CPE at a highest score yet. B1 is possible, B2 - within a year of self-preparation, and C1is only with Astrologer.
As you can see my knowledge is poor enough to even dream of 6.5 now.
garans

Сообщение garans »

Michelangelo пишет: 20 дек 2019, 17:26 As you can see my knowledge is poor enough to even dream of 6.5 now.
Your case is completely different from mine.

I am not a tutor. I don't know how to solve your problem - if You have any problem.
Why do you think that Astrologer is better than I, for example?

In my mind, You need to learn concentrated thinking.
When You exercise Your memory, mental abilities (comparisons, possibilities etc.)
gavenkoa
Благодарил (а): 3100 раз

Сообщение gavenkoa »

Michelangelo пишет: 20 дек 2019, 16:26 I am sorry, I cannot imagine. Couldn't you clarify this, please?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_Joe
Искатель
Благодарил (а): 11 раз

Сообщение Искатель »

Полезность нативов весьма зависит от того, для чего учите язык. Если для жизни в англоговорящей стране, то спорить не о чем. Если для делового общения в международной среде, то я бы за ними не гонялся. Могут и "плохому научить" - модным оборотам, которые, кроме них, мало кто будет понимать правильно.
Ответить