Let's flood in English

Общение на любые темы, выходящие за рамки других форумов.

Модератор: Aksamitka

Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

The mankind who were order to multiply had been created before Adam and Eve were put into Eden and forbade to eat from the sin tree.
And it was described as follows:
8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin[d] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush.[e] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame
acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Michelangelo, OK, then we are the descendants not of Adam and Eve but of that unnamed mankind. It doesn't seem to make much difference for my argument, does it? The order was given and not cancelled. Maybe we are half-human indeed, but we don't recognize it because we've never seen full-human people. So we think that we are human. What do you think about this hypothesis?

Our ancestors didn't eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, so we are ignorant and confused about them. The question is where Adam's and Eve's descendants are, who know all that stuff. Why don't they come and teach us and lead us to better life? Maybe they are those little green guys piloting flying saucers? Perhaps they have advanced so far on the way of progress that they see us as almost animals and don't know what to do with us.
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

acapnotic пишет: 20 фев 2020, 17:44 Well, logically speaking, if you believe in something, it's real to you.

It could only mean that I don’t have a strong belief in anything as I usually feel a lot of doubts in most of questions arisen unless they are as simple as 2+2. However, if you are speaking generally, I can agree with you that for those who believe the subject in which they believe must be real for them or at least reliable. As to manifestation of beliefs, if we are talking about religion beliefs like in Christianity or Communism, I tend to think that true believers do not show off regarding their beliefs as they must believe in something within their hearts. If they show off, it could mean that they pretend to believe. Therefore, I agree with you that you can tell a believer from non-believer by his/her behavior, but it won’t be something like beating one’s chest and crying that you believe in something. It must be something that you could notice only after a decent amount of time of communication with such a person. Therefore, it is difficult to spot believers in streets among other people – you need to talk to them, to work with them, to share something with them for long enough time to see if they are true believers or just show off.
I think you have at least one belief: that we shouldn't change our beliefs.
It seems so, however, I wouldn’t be so strict in this. I think we can change our beliefs if we get disappointed in the current one, but it mustn’t be related to economical or political situation in the place where you live.
Or maybe you think that if one belief failed, then others will fail too, so it's pointless to search for a new one.
I have such an idea, it’s true. However, I don’t have any strict beliefs, therefore, I cannot check if it is really so. I met some people who were on search for a true belief and they attended various religion groups at a time, and it seemed that they started to stick to a certain religion, but then they decided to join another group, and they could stay with new friends for a while, and change again. I think they are sincere in their search, but maybe they just couldn’t or weren’t able to actually believe in what they could hear at the church or read from those religious books.

As to Adam and Eve I tried to cite the Bible. So we need to investigate this question more carefully and actually I have several hypotheses regarding this issue, however, I don’t know which to prefer. I need to think how I could put those hypotheses into wording better, or I will make a spontaneous writing, which could be contradictive and poorly comprehensible. I will think for a while which way of writing to choose :)
Ответить