мой собственный способ обучения Business English

Личные дневники, заметки, темы для мелких вопросов и подобного. Не более трех тем для каждого участника форума.

Модератор: Aksamitka

gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Собственно, вот статья удалено
В ней все написано.
Последний раз редактировалось Aksamitka 30 окт 2019, 23:44, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Причина: реклама
Easy-Breezy English
Благодарил (а): 813 раз

Сообщение Easy-Breezy English »

tourist пишет: 31 окт 2019, 17:29 How do you pronounce CHIPS in Business English then?
Only the Great Leader has the keys to the mysteries of the universe. ))
Easy-Breezy English

gloffs пишет: 31 окт 2019, 17:31 I solemnly swear to keep to business English in all times, good and bad and may the god almighty punish me for treachery.
Excellent. )
And therefore, forwarding the question:
tourist пишет: 31 окт 2019, 17:29 How do you pronounce CHIPS in Business English then?
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Just read an article.
I find it so entertaining that I want to share it with you. Enjoy!

“Politicians are more likely than people in the general population to be sociopaths. I think you would find no expert in the field of sociopathy/psychopathy/antisocial personality disorder who would dispute this… That a small minority of human beings literally have no conscience was and is a bitter pill for our society to swallow — but it does explain a great many things, shamelessly deceitful political behavior being one.” — Dr. Martha Stout, clinical psychologist and former instructor at Harvard Medical School

Twenty years ago, a newspaper headline asked the question: “What’s the difference between a politician and a psychopath?”

The answer, then and now, remains the same: None.

There is no difference between psychopaths and politicians.

Nor is there much of a difference between the havoc wreaked on innocent lives by uncaring, unfeeling, selfish, irresponsible, parasitic criminals and elected officials who lie to their constituents, trade political favors for campaign contributions, turn a blind eye to the wishes of the electorate, cheat taxpayers out of hard-earned dollars, favor the corporate elite, entrench the military industrial complex, and spare little thought for the impact their thoughtless actions and hastily passed legislation might have on defenseless citizens.

Psychopaths and politicians both have a tendency to be selfish, callous, remorseless users of others, irresponsible, pathological liars, glib, con artists, lacking in remorse and shallow.

Charismatic politicians, like criminal psychopaths, exhibit a failure to accept responsibility for their actions, have a high sense of self-worth, are chronically unstable, have socially deviant lifestyles, need constant stimulation, have parasitic lifestyles and possess unrealistic goals.

It doesn’t matter whether you’re talking about Democrats or Republicans.

Political psychopaths are all largely cut from the same pathological cloth, brimming with seemingly easy charm and boasting calculating minds. Such leaders eventually create pathocracies: totalitarian societies bent on power, control, and destruction of both freedom in general and those who exercise their freedoms.

Once psychopaths gain power, the result is usually some form of totalitarian government or a pathocracy. “At that point, the government operates against the interests of its own people except for favoring certain groups,” author James G. Long notes. “We are currently witnessing deliberate polarizations of American citizens, illegal actions, and massive and needless acquisition of debt. This is typical of psychopathic systems, and very similar things happened in the Soviet Union as it overextended and collapsed.”
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Easy-Breezy English пишет: 31 окт 2019, 17:37 How do you pronounce CHIPS in Business English then?
Good question. Normally we do not use this word in business English.
Easy-Breezy English

gloffs пишет: 31 окт 2019, 17:42 Normally we do not use this word in business English.
Really? No blue chips, nothing?
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

no nothing f...ing chips
tourist
Благодарил (а): 249 раз

Сообщение tourist »

blue chips?
You must be kidding me?
Pink sheets are all the rage these days.
Easy-Breezy English

tourist пишет: 31 окт 2019, 17:55 blue chips?
You must be kidding me?
Pink sheets are all the rage theses days.
gloffs, you are getting some serious competition for the Great Leadership here. ))
You'd better launch your fountain of Business English wisdom soon, or it might be too late.

Come on, are you going to answer mustang or what?
Перенесено из форума Основной форум об изучении английского языка в форум Персональные темы 31 окт 2019, 18:07 модератором JamesTheBond

gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

See how they lie about climate change in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8455KED ... e=youtu.be!
Unfortunately this is not business English but this video could be used to teach general English because it greatly arouses interest of anyone learning English. This video is in line with my concept of teaching business English
tourist

Сообщение tourist »

Easy-Breezy English,
you are getting some serious competition
you bet, gloffs gloves are off!
За это сообщение автора tourist поблагодарил:
Easy-Breezy English
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Easy-Breezy English пишет: 31 окт 2019, 18:06 Come on, are you going to answer mustang or what?
I suggest Mustang rereads my article ONE THOUSAND times and then and only then he will gain the wisdom that came to me long time ago. It is very very important that during the exercize of reading he should be keeping his arms in certain position. Otherwise the wisdom might not come to him.
Easy-Breezy English

gloffs пишет: 31 окт 2019, 18:13 It is very very important that during the exercize of reading he should be keeping his arms in certain position.
OMG, now we are finally getting somewhere! )))
Do you care to describe the position in detail?
tourist

Сообщение tourist »

Do you care to describe the position in detail?
It's a male thing, you won't understand.
За это сообщение автора tourist поблагодарил:
Easy-Breezy English
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Easy-Breezy English пишет: 31 окт 2019, 18:15 Do you care to describe the position in detail?
Yes of course I can describe it to you and why wouldn't I want to share my wisdom with you? But the problem is that keeping a certain arms posisiton is not enough. One has to attain a very specifiс mental attitude. This one has to be mastered as well.
Xander
Благодарил (а): 47 раз

Сообщение Xander »

gloffs пишет: 30 окт 2019, 20:26 Я готов отвечать на ваши вопросы и аргументированно отстаивать свою точку зрения.
First question:
What are you trying to prove?

I read post 11, must have missed the point ...
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

You know why I beat around the bush? Because administrator of this forum does not allow me to publish the web address of my original article. This does get me offended. So why should I waste my time on all of you and throw beads? Thank you. I am not interested.
mustang
Благодарил (а): 926 раз

Сообщение mustang »

gloffs пишет: 31 окт 2019, 18:13 I suggest Mustang rereads my article ONE THOUSAND times and then and only then he will gain the wisdom that came to me long time ago. It is very very important that during the exercize of reading he should be keeping his arms in certain position. Otherwise the wisdom might not come to him.
I have no apropriate response to that ludicrous answer.

The guy reminds me of someone from the real efl.ru. We actually collectively called him "a cockroach" cuz the cock (short for a cockroach, of course) was an ego-driven megalomaniac cussing everone who disagreed with him. The only thing he was truly afraid of was Nina's imaginary slipper but now there's no one to stop him - he's running loose on the forum pretending to be a big shot making godzilions of dollars.

Our little buddy is really on another level now, not only is he "laundering embezzled money" but he is also trying "to sell" non-existent language learning courses to the gullible.
Ленья
Благодарил (а): 662 раза

Сообщение Ленья »

gloffs пишет: 01 ноя 2019, 07:53throw beads
You don't have to. Not really. https://www.azdictionary.com/urban-dict ... 20a%20bead
За это сообщение автора Ленья поблагодарил:
Easy-Breezy English
mustang

Сообщение mustang »

Ленья пишет: 01 ноя 2019, 08:48 You don't have to. Not really.
Holy shit, now I finally know why he wanted to get in touch with people over skype... New pics of complete strangers.
mustang

Сообщение mustang »

tourist пишет: 31 окт 2019, 18:20 It's a male thing, you won't understand.
She is married and has kids. Come on. :) Mature women understand men better than men understand themselves and use it to their advantage.
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Ленья пишет: 01 ноя 2019, 08:48 You don't have to. Not really. https://www.azdictionary.com/urban-dict ... 20a%20bead
Thanks for a link. It's really eye opening! Ha ha Ha
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

mustang пишет: 01 ноя 2019, 08:52 Holy shit, now I finally know why he wanted to get in touch with people over skype... New pics of complete strangers.
Please, don't make such pathetic assumptions. You got it all wrong. I don't need no fu...ing pics!
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

Anyway I am not at all interested in al this bla bla bla without publishing a link to the article on my website. Having this discussion with all of you here is like masturbation. Useless waste of my time.
mustang

Сообщение mustang »

gloffs пишет: 01 ноя 2019, 09:47 Having this discussion with all of you here is like masturbation. Useless waste of my time.
So why are you still here? Too hard to kick the bad habit?
gloffs

Сообщение gloffs »

By the way if any of you have any busnessmen among your students or pupils then you could tell them that you know a guy who assists clients with foreign company incorporations as well as assisting them with opening bank accounts and solving any other problems connected with international tax planning. My main advantage is low prices. My competitors prices and fees are much higher. If you introduce me to any paying client I would pay you commission as soon as he or she places an order with me for any offshore or onshore tax planning service. This is a real chance for you to make a quick buck if you have access to such people of course.
Ответить