Homework! please help me

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Tea42 пишет: 20 июн 2019, 08:10 Ну, кому как. Две секунды -- это никак не effort.
Yet you are not willing to spend one second on opening a spoiler to see whether you want to read it. I see your point: the two seconds are mine and the one second is yours, so, quite naturally, the latter is an effort and the former isn't. :) Unfortunately, for me it's the opposite.
Tea42
Благодарил (а): 2208 раз

Сообщение Tea42 »

acapnotic пишет: 20 июн 2019, 08:27
Tea42 пишет: 20 июн 2019, 08:10 Ну, кому как. Две секунды -- это никак не effort.
Yet you are not willing to spend one second on opening a spoiler to see whether you want to read it. I see your point: the two seconds are mine and the one second is yours, so, quite naturally, the latter is an effort and the former isn't. :) Unfortunately, for me it's the opposite.
Вы знаете, дело здесь не в 1 секунде в конце концов. Я так рассуждаю: если человек использует разные шрифты (и это не противоречит правилам форума) для того, чтобы сделать свое сообщения понятнее читателям, то это очень хорошо. Я только "за".
Если одному из форумчан это не нравится, то, мне кажется, предпочтения этого форумчанина никак не могут стать поводом для отказа от той манеры подачи своих сообщений, которую предпочитают авторы постов.
Конкретно вам я посоветовала выход из ситуации, который для вас означает лишь лишнюю секунду. Надеюсь, теперь все понятно?
Tea42
Благодарил (а): 2208 раз

Сообщение Tea42 »

Sorry guys, but I didn't know this forum was for English only. My bad!
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Tea42,
So far we have one forum member on either side. Except you, nobody has said they want such small fonts. So it's the preference of one forum member against the preference of another. The authors were free to decide. If they had insisted on using small letters, I wouldn't have been able to stop them. So probably they think that the inconvenience of just one reader can be a reason for changing their style.

After all, even if you write something as a side note, you'd still prefer it to be read rather than skipped. It's OK if the reader isn't interested, but if he skips your writing because it's hard to read, it's another matter.
Easy-Breezy English
Благодарил (а): 813 раз

Сообщение Easy-Breezy English »

Has the forum fallen victim to a virus? The bickering virus.
(Small font is annoying if you ask me. OMG, I got it, I got the virus!!!).
acapnotic

Сообщение acapnotic »

Easy-Breezy English пишет: 20 июн 2019, 19:30 OMG, I got it, I got the virus!!!)
That virus lurks in every human being since the day of birth. 👀

Also,
bickering noun
BrE /ˈbɪkərɪŋ/ ; NAmE /ˈbɪkərɪŋ/
[uncountable]

​the activity of arguing about things that are not important
Here I disagree with you. The small font thing IS important. A forum is all about writing and reading, so everything that makes them difficult is important on a forum. It wasn't bickering, then. It was discussion.
Ответить

Вернуться в «Practise Your English»