Game of Thrones

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

Zlatko_Berrin
Благодарил (а): 1045 раз

Сообщение Zlatko_Berrin »

Hello there!

I'd like to know if you had seen Game of Thrones, the last season of it, or if you are in the process of watching it. So let's discuss the TV series.
I've recently watched the last season and I... It was really disappointing. That was not what I'd expected.

WARNING: SPOILERS

How come Bran became the king? It was the unfairest thing happened to John Snow. Bran (called Bran the Broken) didn't lift a finger to help the others with that war against the white walkers. What was his role? He was always just sitting in his wheel chair and doing literally nothing but traveling across the past! He didn't even say someone how to win the war. He was just an egotistical person who wanted the throne.

I wish Daenerys had burned everything to the ground. Or the Night King had won. But I wish the finale had not happened this way!

What do you think?
Последний раз редактировалось Zlatko_Berrin 29 май 2019, 22:07, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Eager Beaver
Благодарил (а): 901 раз

Сообщение Eager Beaver »

There is a joke about the way the final episodes were planned. The writers wanted to come up with something original (or just ran out of ideas) and put cards with the names of heroes (untouchables, that is, who would survive no matter what) in one hat and cards with possible fate/outcomes in another. Then they randomly pulled out one card from each hat and matched each character with their fate. They repeated this until the hats were empty, and voila - the finale we all had to watch. :)
Zlatko_Berrin
Благодарил (а): 1045 раз

Сообщение Zlatko_Berrin »

Eager Beaver, you know, that doesn't seem to be a joke to me (I laughed, though)) But they did come up with something original. With something originally insane))
Eager Beaver

Сообщение Eager Beaver »

In all honesty, I think there is a chance that in a couple of years we'll see not only spinoffs that everyone's currently talking about but a sequel as well (it may well be just a movie though), in which everything will fall into place. It's not the first show to be extended for a further season by popular demand.
Easy-Breezy English
Благодарил (а): 813 раз

Сообщение Easy-Breezy English »

Have you guys seen this?
I haven't seen the actual show (yeah, like, in what cave have I been living, I know), but I thought this was hilarious.

Eager Beaver

Сообщение Eager Beaver »

Easy-Breezy English, this video is hilarious indeed - had me in stitches when I first watched it. :)
Ответить