Можете посмотреть эссе?

Обсуждение книг на английском языке, домашнее чтение, правила чтения на английском языке. Развитие письменной речи. Эссе, деловое письмо и другие виды письменных работ.

Модератор: zymbronia

Juliemiracle
Благодарил (а): 1174 раза

Сообщение Juliemiracle »

МарияИсакова,
just remember: the task is not the topic but what goes below it, including "Give reasonS, exampleS etc" (pay attention to the plurals - several reasons, examples). And the first band descriptor in the table I quoted above is "task response"!
МарияИсакова
Благодарил (а): 378 раз

Сообщение МарияИсакова »

Most people are not interested in how their food has been produced. They only care about how much it costs.
How true is this statement? What influences people when they buy food?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Еще одна попытка(
Some say that most people tend to be not interested in how their food has been produced, and they only care about how much it costs. I do not consider this statement to be true. When we purchase food, we are likely to be influenced by a few key factors.
First of all, most people shop to suit their lifestyle. In particular, people who work a lot do not plenty of free time to prepare food, so it is often easy for them to buy frozen or pre-cooked food. Some parents with large families may also worry about time, but they are likely to think about their finances too. If they have a little money, they will be interested in special offers.
Also, when we go shopping we are concerned about quality and tastes. People who have enough time to prepare food themselves and spend much more time to cooking may choose what they buy more carefully. So, they have the opportunity to consider a range aspects that include quality and tastes.
Another factor affecting our choice is where we live. For instance, in my country people should not care about the cost. We have the opportunity to buy lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and fish at reasonable prices. So, cost is not an issue. Very few consumers talk about it.
On the other hand, it is very important to care about the environment and about how animals have been treated. We should pay attention to the ways our food products have been produced. As a rule, organically produced food is very expensive, but we have to try save our planet.
In conclusion, it seems that cost is only a factor that people take into consideration when they purchase food. Although lots of people look at price before quality, others have little interests in other things.
Easy-Breezy English
Благодарил (а): 813 раз

Сообщение Easy-Breezy English »

У меня вот так переписалось. Не идеально, но читать легче.

Some say that most people are not interested in how their food has been produced, and they only care about how much it costs. I do not consider this statement to be true. When we purchase food, we are likely to be influenced by a few key factors.

It is true that most people shop to suit their lifestyle. In particular, those who work a lot might not have enough time to cook, so it is often easier for them to buy frozen or pre-cooked food. Parents with large families may also worry about time. Besides, they are likely to think about their finances, too. If their budget is limited, they will be particularly interested in special offers.

However, price and convenience are not the only aspects that matter to consumers. When we go shopping, we are also concerned about quality and taste. People who have plenty of time for cooking may choose what they buy more carefully. Another factor affecting our choice is where we live. For instance, in my country fresh fruit, vegetables and fish are readily available at reasonable prices. Cost is generally not an issue. In addition, it is important to care about the environment and treatment of animals. As a rule, organically produced food is more expensive, but we need to do what it takes to help our planet.

In conclusion, it seems that cost is only one factor that people take into consideration when they purchase food. Although some people look primarily at price, others are more interested in other aspects.
За это сообщение автора Easy-Breezy English поблагодарил:
МарияИсакова
victor r
Благодарил (а): 53 раза

Сообщение victor r »

Мне сильно понравилась эта тема. Напишу-ка и я эссе!
Никуда поступать не собираюсь, но оценки правильности получил бы с радостью.

This story is told me by my mother, and was told her by her grandmother.
Mother of this grandmother started feeling to die. She called her daughter and say: ‘I’ll die soon. My life has finished, and I often heard about very delicious thing – jam, but never ate it. Grant my last wish – give me some jam to try’.
Grandmother, who was then young woman, knew that jam could be only in the priest house. She went to him to ask some jam for dying mother. She met priest’s wife on the porch. Different load cheerful shouts were heard from inside the house. ‘Batiushka have got the guests today’ – said his wife. For there was strong smell of frying meat she added: ‘Don’t think bad. Meat is only for guests’. It was Lent, the time when people adopted to Jesus Christ may not eat meat.
When she heard the request she quickly found jam and pour out little part for young future grandmother of my mother.
Dying woman tried the jam and said: ‘This stuff just not delicious. It is weird what people say. Don’t want. Give it Dunka’. Dunka was my future grandmother, that time she was a little girl. It was the first time my grandmother tried jam.
VictorB
Благодарил (а): 821 раз

Сообщение VictorB »

victor r пишет: 20 фев 2024, 22:20 но оценки правильности получил бы с радостью.
Просто тупо забил ваш опус в промпт и попросил ИИ переделать, чтобы звучало чутка по-грамматичней.
Словарь и стиль изложения попросил, по возможности, оставить "авторские". Так что, смотрите и сами себя оценивайте - основные ошибки легко вычлените* :)
СпойлерПоказать
This story was told to me by my mother, who heard it from her grandmother. The mother of this grandmother began to feel like she was going to die. She called her daughter and said, "I will die soon. My life is coming to an end, and I have often heard about a very delicious thing - jam, but I have never tasted it. Grant my last wish - give me some jam to try." The grandmother, who was a young woman at the time, knew that the only place where jam could be found was at the priest's house. She went to him to ask for some jam for her dying mother. When she arrived, she met the priest's wife on the porch. Different loud and cheerful shouts could be heard coming from inside the house. "Father has guests today," said his wife. Because there was a strong smell of frying meat, she added, "Don't get the wrong idea. The meat is only for the guests." It was Lent, a time when people who follow Jesus Christ are not supposed to eat meat. Upon hearing the request, the priest's wife quickly found some jam and poured out a little bit for the young future grandmother of my mother. The dying woman tried the jam and said, "This stuff is just not delicious. It's strange what people say. I don't want it. Give it to Dunka." Dunka was my future grandmother, who was a little girl at the time. It was the first time my grandmother had ever tasted jam.
*Сам только мельком глянул версию бота - по мне, так вполне сойдет для работы над ошибками. Во всяком случае он хотя бы loud с load не попутал. )
За это сообщение автора VictorB поблагодарил:
victor r
victor r

Сообщение victor r »

VictorB пишет: 21 фев 2024, 01:16 забил ваш опус в промпт
Это как? Может, я и сам мог бы это сделать?
Sam Beckett
Благодарил (а): 31 раз

Сообщение Sam Beckett »

victor r пишет: 21 фев 2024, 05:45 Это как? Может, я и сам мог бы это сделать?
Слышали про gpt? Вот предыдущий текст, переписанный ботом более сложным слогом (это можно делать бесконечно =))

My mother shared a poignant family tale, passed down from her grandmother. In the story, the grandmother's mother expressed her final request as she felt her life nearing its end: she longed to taste the elusive delicacy known as jam. With determination, the young grandmother sought out the priest's house, the only place where jam could be found.

Upon her arrival, she was greeted by the priest's wife, who explained that a festivity was underway. The unmistakable aroma of cooking meat filled the air, prompting the wife to clarify that it was intended solely for their guests, mindful of the solemn Lenten season when meat consumption was prohibited for followers of Jesus Christ.

Undeterred, the priest's wife swiftly produced a small portion of jam for the dying woman to try. However, to everyone's surprise, the woman found the flavor unappealing and requested for the jam to be given to Dunka, her young daughter who had never tasted such a treat before.

In this simple yet touching moment, Dunka, the future grandmother of my own mother, experienced her first taste of jam, a token of love and memory passed down through generations.
За это сообщение автора Sam Beckett поблагодарил:
VictorB
VictorB

Сообщение VictorB »

Sam Beckett пишет: 21 фев 2024, 10:56 Вот предыдущий текст, переписанный ботом более сложным слогом
Да AI его* хоть на стихи в стиле Шекспира переложить может. В меру своих програмных возможностей конечно ))
СпойлерПоказать
Hark, listen to this tale so grand,
Of family ties from distant land.
My mother, with a tale so sweet,
From her grandmother's lips did greet.

A story of the grandmother's mother dear,
As her final days drew near.
Longing for a taste of jam so rare,
A wish that filled the solemn air.

With courage bold, the young grandmother went,
To the priest's house, her steps intent.
There, the priest's wife did meet,
Amidst the festivity's merry beat.

The scent of meat did fill the room,
But for guests alone, in Lenten gloom.
Yet undaunted, the wife did find,
A portion of jam so kind.

But lo! The dying woman's taste,
Found the flavor a bitter waste.
To Dunka, her daughter fair,
She passed the jam with loving care.

In that moment, so pure and true,
Dunka tasted the jam so new.
A token of love, passed through time,
In this simple, sweet rhyme.

Thus, the legacy of jam did flow,
From generation to generation aglow.
A memory of love, forever to claim,
In Dunka's first taste of jam's sweet fame.
* по тексту, предоставленному ботом Sam Beckett :)
За это сообщение автора VictorB поблагодарил:
Sam Beckett
Sam Beckett

Сообщение Sam Beckett »

VictorB пишет: 21 фев 2024, 11:20 Спойлер
Показать
Ух...прям красиво. Про себя прочитал чинно и благородно, как и полагается такому слогу)) Особенно понравилось:
VictorB пишет: 21 фев 2024, 11:20 in Lenten gloom
VictorB

Сообщение VictorB »

Sam Beckett пишет: 21 фев 2024, 13:03 Особенно понравилось
Lenten gloom, ну да, а чего может быть веселого в Великом посте? Вот только у автора поп (Batiushka) не только веселую тусу ("a festivity was underway") у себя дома организовывает, но и, гад, мясо жрет со своими гостями! Теперь понятно, почему "матушка" с такой поспешной готовностью на просьбу откликнулась - боялась, что заложут, если не даст. Только теперь дошло, о чем (в том числе) эта история - о том, как в стародавние времена попы жировали и дурили простому люду мозги )))
victor r

Сообщение victor r »

Sam Beckett пишет: 21 фев 2024, 10:56 Слышали про gpt?
не слышал
VictorB пишет: 21 фев 2024, 14:16 Только теперь дошло, о чем (в том числе) эта история
Это на самом деле рассказ моей мамы.
Sam Beckett

Сообщение Sam Beckett »

VictorB пишет: 21 фев 2024, 14:16 эта история - о том, как в стародавние времена попы жировали и дурили простому люду мозги )))
Только ли в стародавние времена? Боюсь, наш патриарх с вами не согласится...))
За это сообщение автора Sam Beckett поблагодарил:
Siberian473
Ответить