TOEFL Speaking club

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

Irregardless
Благодарил (а): 583 раза

Сообщение Irregardless »

Hello guys, I have created a small cozy group with native speakers from different countries (mostly foreigners). If you are interested, welcome to join.
My skype id - constacy.
За это сообщение автора Irregardless поблагодарил:
Aksamitka
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Hello there. At our small skype group we have members from different countries: Morocco, Germany, Tunisia, Iran, Russia, Dublin, Greece, etc. We are going to organize meetings twice a month on Sunday 20 p.m. Moscow time (it is about 17:00 p.m. GMT)
Now over there 13 members. Please, welcome!
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Irregardless пишет: 28 фев 2019, 08:3120 p.m.
Of course, 8 p.m.
Shame on me!
Now there are new members: from Poland and from Argentina in our group. :)
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Hello there, guys,

I have to admit that we need to take steps to revitalise our Skype group. The group turned into a mediocre Intermediate Skype group which are lots on the internet. The problem is that we accepted any members who can barely speak English or produce sentences without making an error or occasional mistake. Some participants just came to the group in order to grab the contacts or useful materials and never actually took part in the conversations. Others had to keep silent because the level of the group and the mood of other members were not adequate for a well-prepared and serious learner.

We are going to rename the former group into a Talk Group and create a new one for really DEDICATED members who can speak with 15 seconds preparation flawlessly and fluently on any specific topic (which are actually the standards of the TOEFL ibt). We are going to use ONLY the TOEFL ibt exam papers for speaking and meet on a regular basis once a week.

If you are a well-prepared, aspiring, serious, and dedicated learner, who agrees with the rules of our "game", you are welcome.

Send me a private message if you think you can be accepted.
Mary May
Благодарил (а): 2001 раз

Сообщение Mary May »

Indeed, guys.
Who wants, in less than a month, to be publicly labelled as a mediocre barely speaking learner, stealing the group leader's intellectual property? You're welcome )

Why is nobody queueing up to join the group, I wonder?
СпойлерПоказать
For masochists only?
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Mary May,
Actually, the requirements and rules were suggested by our foreign members, from Germany, Iran, and Argentina. They were not satisfied with the level of other members and the whole situation in the group. Besides, we don't look for any new members. We are packed. It's ok if somebody finds the rules are not suitable for them. There are lots of Skype groups on the internet. We are not unique. Lots of options are available. We just try to have our own private space that creates special studious atmosphere in the group, and it's important for us.
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Now we are learning American punctuation.Colons, semicolons, commas in formal and academic writing. Access to the exercises only in group calls. They are not available for downloading on the internet for free. The materials are from native speakers-educators.
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

We are cleaning our TOEFL group in Skype.
It is better to have a small and active group than over 35 timewasters and inactive members.
If you want to participate, send me a private message and I will add you. However, if you are inactive in the group for 2 weeks, you will be deleted soon anyway.
All the materials are provided only with the use of screensharing tool.
I don't provide anything online available.
Let's appreciate the time and efforts of each other.
Irregardless

Сообщение Irregardless »

Hello, guys. Now we have only two sessions per week: on Friday, at 17:00, and on Sunday, at 19:00.
We are going to practice the TOEFL ibt vocabulary, using the site https://www.bestmytest.com.
On the 19 of May, we are going to take one real practice test with timing. For these tests we will have only 4 hours, but I believe, we will be able to finish that earlier. If our practice of real online mock tests is successful, we can do such testing every session.
Besides, we need to change the time of the sessions for Sunday: probably, we will have to start at 19:00 (before we started at 21:00), in order to finish before midnight.
Thank you attention, guys. Please, invite your mates and colleagues to our club and participate actively yourself.
FPlay
Благодарил (а): 83 раза

Сообщение FPlay »

Irregardless, is your group still active?
Dansytov1

Сообщение Dansytov1 »

Can you request me in Skype?
zymbronia
Благодарил (а): 195 раз

Сообщение zymbronia »

Dansytov1, do you have the same nickname there?
Ответить