Describe a picture

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

Бубль Гум
Благодарил (а): 137 раз

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

acapnotic пишет: 25 мар 2018, 20:40
Заур пишет: 25 мар 2018, 18:12 Изображение
Consider the blond hair of the boy, for instance, and the dark hair of his supposed parents.
Judging by the cheerful and oblivious look of the adult male species and smug countenance of the adult female one, she's most certain she can get away with that :)
#cuckoldry #ignoranceisbliss
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарили (всего 2):
Заур, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 20 мар 2018, 21:46 Изображение
A bunch of washed-out male strippers are killing time taking turns at playing an improvised arcade game.
#whac-a-mule
Заур
Благодарил (а): 278 раз

Сообщение Заур »

Johnwesleyhardin пишет: 26 мар 2018, 14:05 I know I posted a shit
You know what they say... posting shit makes perfect.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

In this picture we can see a family (supposedly) standing on the beach. There is a sea behind them and mountains in the background in the left corner. The family consists of (from left to right) father, mother, daughter and son. They are standing according to height. The boy is wearing very long cheerful shorts. The girl is wearing a pink swimming suit. They both have masks on their foreheads. While the children carry nothing and the woman has only a bag in her hands, the man carries a lot of things - a big bag in one hand, yellow towel on his shoulders, a rubber ring on his neck and another rubber ring and two flat things probably to swim upon. They all look happy. I think the picture was taken in summer at some popular beach resort by a professional photographer.
За это сообщение автора Заур поблагодарил:
Бубль Гум
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 26 мар 2018, 22:26 You know what they say... posting shit makes perfect.
Now I know what the proper name for most of my messages is :D
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 27 мар 2018, 17:27 Изображение
Seagull Spec Ops mission briefing in the field:
Okay guys, listen up! We've got some new intel on the snack bar over there. They're holding hostage delicious tortilla chips. Here's the plan. We work in two teams. The TAC Team A creates a diversion at the counter to distract the owner, the TAC Team B evacuates the chips from the stockroom. According to intel, there are some broomsticks on the premises, so armed resistance cannot be ruled out. Medevac is on standby. Go-Go-Go.
#AllYourTostitosAreBelongToUs
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарили (всего 3):
acapnotic, Yety, Mary May
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Бубль Гум пишет: 27 мар 2018, 21:47 Now I know what the proper name for most of my messages is
IDK... I like your shit. It makes me smile and I always learn something new.
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 27 мар 2018, 15:42
... the man carries a lot of things - a big bag in one hand, yellow towel on his shoulders, a rubber ring on his neck and another rubber ring and two flat things probably to swim upon. ...
I didn't know the name for those thingies either. But I was watching a TV series episode today and there was a guy using a similar thing on white-water rapids. He called it a bodyboard :)
Yay! Vocab +1!
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарил:
Заур
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

It's a film frame from the famous "Terminator-2". Young John Connor and the Terminator (who is good in this film) sitting on a bike and watching back down the road. Originally the Terminator is holding a gun in his left hand and pointing it to the direction where T1000 may appear from. But the picture is slightly changed. Instead of a gun he is holding a selfie stick with a phone in it and the whole scene looks like they are going to make a selfie. I like this movie BTW. I've watched it a couple of dozens of times. It was one of the best action and sci-fi movies for its times.
За это сообщение автора Заур поблагодарили (всего 2):
acapnotic, Бубль Гум
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

In this picture we can see several tables with fish, people around them and a cat. In the foreground there's a woman standing next to the table closest to us. The table is full of fish. And in the left bottom corner there's a cat sitting on a bank (perhaps it's just some kind of a plastic box) of a seller. The funny thing about this picture is that it looks like the cat is selling this fish and the woman is asking something the cat, probably "Is it fresh?" or "How much for the fish?" The woman is smiling so I hope she realize that the cat isn't a real fishmonger. There are also two men right behind the cat and the woman - a seller and a customer. It's hard to say what country it is. I'd say it's somewhere in Asia. The photo was apparently taken by the owner of the cat.
acapnotic
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Заур пишет: 01 апр 2018, 18:35 the woman is asking something the cat
asking the cat something... or about something

There is also something by the cat's right side that looks like the head of a fish. The cat has apparently eaten one fish. And that probably means the fish is fresh. :)
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

acapnotic пишет: 01 апр 2018, 19:15 asking the cat something... or about something
There's a very common question "Can I ask you something?" without "about" in it, so I suppose it's OK.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Заур пишет: 01 апр 2018, 18:39 Изображение
In this picture there is a couple against the Taj Mahal and tourists around it. The couple is in the right corner. They are smiling. They both are wearing sunglasses, the day looks sunny but not very warm though. There are many people in the background which isn't strange because the place is very popular. The Taj Mahal is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. It's located in the city of Agra in India. Judging by its appearance one would think that it's a palace but in fact it's just a mausoleum that was built by one of the ancient emperors to house the tomb of his wife.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Заур пишет: 03 апр 2018, 11:43 Изображение
There is a house hanging from the rock in this picture. There are some clouds under the house and the sea that stretching out to the horizon. It's obviously a fake picture. There is no way to build a house like this and even if it were built somehow, nobody would live there - it's too dangerous. The house looks nice though. It's white, it has two storeys and a small area around it. In this area we can see several chairs, a swimming pool and a sun lounger beside it. There is some kind of a bridge between the second floor and a rock - this is how hypothetic inhabitants get in and out of the house.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Заур пишет: 06 апр 2018, 14:48 Изображение
In this picture there is a dozen of creatures taking rest on the bank of a pond or a river. In the foreground a thin line of water is seen. Behind the group of animals there are several mossy stones. Right in the middle of the picture there is a middle-sized creature I can't recognize. It looks somewhat between a pig and a big rat. The funny detail is that four ducks are sitting on top of the creature and it doesn't mind and sleeps peacefully like nothing's happening. On the ground beside the creature are also three ducks and five almost black turtles. The whole scene makes you think that they all are a family or very close friends and know each other for a long time. The picture could be made both in the wild or in the zoo, probably by some amateur.
Бубль Гум
helsm
Благодарил (а): 140 раз

Сообщение helsm »

Заур пишет: 06 апр 2018, 20:29
a middle-sized creature I can't recognize
It's a capybara. And this one isn't unique when allowing the birds to sit and lounge on it:)
СпойлерПоказать
Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение
За это сообщение автора helsm поблагодарили (всего 4):
Заур, acapnotic, Johnwesleyhardin, Бубль Гум
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Johnwesleyhardin
Благодарил (а): 44 раза

Сообщение Johnwesleyhardin »

Заур пишет: 08 апр 2018, 15:11 Изображение
It is pity that this great wall was built. As far as I know Chinese built them to protect themselves from Mongols. Now they are suffering from it having a large population. I don't know if they are growing in population or not, but I hope they don't
За это сообщение автора Johnwesleyhardin поблагодарил:
Заур
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Заур пишет: 08 апр 2018, 15:11 Изображение
There are people in this picture climbing the stairs of the Great Wall of China. In the background we can see the Wall winding through the mountains. Everything is under the snow. People are struggling to climb the slippery stairs. Most of them are holding on handrails. In the foreground there is a young girl with a handbag. She obviously likes gray and black colors in her clothes. She is wearing a gray fancy coat and a funny skully hat with a bobble. All these people are probably tourists visiting the most famous attraction of China. There is a widespread notion that the Great Wall of China is the only man-made object visible from space, but it's not true. It can't be seen even from the orbit not to mention the Moon. This pictures was probably made by one of the tourists.
Бубль Гум
Ответить