Describe a picture

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

Заур
Благодарил (а): 278 раз

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Заур пишет: 09 апр 2018, 22:02 Изображение
It's a still-life picture with various types of food in it lying on the wooden table. In the middle there is a cutting board. It looks made of wood. Most of the things are on it. There are several bunches of black and white grape on the board, in a bowl standing on the board and on the table. Some single grape berries are there too. There are also two halves of a kiwi, three types of cheese (including big chunk of a Swiss cheese and slices of a blue cheese) and some thin pieces of bread or biscuits, it's hard to say. Right in the middle of the cutting board there is a tiny grater, which looks funny. In the left top corner there is a glass with dark liquid in it, it's probably red wine. The most interesting things in this picture are small tools looking like screw drivers. Two of them are in a wooden glass looking like a small barrel, another two are on the table and one is on the cutting board. I wonder why would someone use here screw drivers. But maybe it's something more sophisticated and relates to cooking. This photo was probably taken by a professional photographer.
За это сообщение автора Заур поблагодарил:
Бубль Гум
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

In this picture there is a little boy sitting at the table with various sorts of pancakes on it. There are four big plates with pancakes there, three of them with different fillings and one plate with pancakes as they are, without any filings. I can assume that the fillings are red caviar (or salmon roe), farmer (or cottage) cheese and perhaps honey. There are also three bowls on the table - these are sauces to eat with pancakes to make the taste richer. I think the orange one is honey, the white one in a small bowl is sour cream and I have no idea what is in a bigger bowl but it quite suspiciously looks like the substance the pancakes are usually cooking of. The boy is very excited. He raised his hands up and he is probably shouting something like "hurrah". Something tells me he likes pancakes very much. Cooking and eating pancakes is very popular in countries like Russia, Ukraine and Belarus during a religious and folk holiday called Maslenitsa. I think the picture was taken in one of these countries during this holiday by one of the parents of the boy.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

What can you say about this picture?

Изображение
Johnwesleyhardin
Благодарил (а): 44 раза

Сообщение Johnwesleyhardin »

Заур пишет: 11 апр 2018, 11:50 What can you say about this picture?

Изображение
When you fall in love with a girl but you have nothing value to show her. So you have to pretend to be rich and smart playing with a fake guitar like on this picture. Doing it, you look very unnatural, of course. And at last, as it is always supposed, you fail and disgrace yourself
За это сообщение автора Johnwesleyhardin поблагодарил:
Заур
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

If the task is just describe what you can see, well... I can see a kind of a lizard that plays a self-made guitar. I don’t know why that lizard has covered its face with a leaf, however, I can suggest that there is a very bright sun is shining and it covers its face to protect from UV rays.
If we are allowed to guess what it could be, then I can suggest that this lizard decided to have a nap at work. Its work is to play music and in order to hide that it is having a nap it took the guitar in its paws and pretend that it is practising, and that nobody could see that it’s sleeping it has covered its face with a leaf.
However, it is possible that it is just resting in the nature. It played a lot outside and got tired and just fall aleep very suddenly, and its «kind» friends decided to make a joke of him and put the guitar in its paws and covered its face, maybe to protect from the sun, but maybe because they didn’t like its face.
За это сообщение автора Michelangelo поблагодарил:
Заур
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

There is a lazy nonchalant lizard in this picture lying on the grass. It's leaning against a piece of wood and it has a leaf in its front legs. The leaf looks like a guitar, and the whole scene looks like a relaxing lizard is playing a guitar a bit absentmindedly. It's probably a fake picture, made by a skilled graphic designer.
Бубль Гум
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

A part of the road has been decided to be closed for a while as one player in crosses and zeros had bought an excavator and now he must satiate his wild desire to play.

It is the idea, and there are some details which are as follows: on the background there is a one-way road and five cars, on the foreground we can see an excavator which takes off the road cover in form of a table filled with crosses and zeros.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

In this picture several road workers are playing a huge tick-tat-toe drawn by a power shovel right on the ground. In the background behind a fence there is a street with five cars. The grid of the game is probably ten meters wide. It already has a cross (or X) in the middle square and a nought (or O) in the right top corner. One of the workers is standing inside the middle square. Another worker is passing by the grid in the right bottom corner. The power shovel is in the left bottom corner. It's hard to be sure but it's probably a fake photo. By the way, this game has many English names: tick-tack-toe, tic-tac-toe, tick-tat-toe or tit-tat-toe; noughts and crosses or naughts and crosses; exy-ozys, xsie-osies (verbal name only), Xs and Os.
Бубль Гум
Бубль Гум
Благодарил (а): 137 раз

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Looks like I've fallen a bit behind with posting in this thread and need to catch up with you. Sorry for spamming :)
Заур пишет: 29 мар 2018, 23:12 Изображение
- You know what, Johnny? If I were you I'd stay clear of those pesky T1000 models. In my future, our government didn't stop with the legalization of same-sex marriage... Gotcha! Nice shot. You should've seen your face, Johnny :)
#MakingAmericaGayAgain
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарили (всего 3):
Заур, Yety, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 01 апр 2018, 10:33 Изображение
- Is it fresh?
- Ver-r-r-ry fr-r-resh!
- Where did you get so much fish?
- I usually gather it in the wee hours of the morning when my master is asleep. Ocean surf washes it up on shore and it glows in the dark. Ver-r-r-ry fr-r-resh!
#CoreMeltdown
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарил:
Yety
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 01 апр 2018, 18:39 Изображение
Two con artists, Alice the fox and Basilio the cat, have succeeded in ripping off credulous Buratino. And now being well-off and retired, they are having a good time in warmer climes.
#TheFoolAndHisMoney
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарили (всего 4):
Заур, Yety, acapnotic, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 03 апр 2018, 11:43 Изображение
It's a nice, comfy house. No doubt about that. But real estate agents had been having difficulties finding a buyer, so they had to retarget this property to a new market segment. On the left we can see the new owners family happily returning home from vacation overseas.
#ForgotToBuildAnElevator #FashionableBirdhouse
Yety, Заур, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 06 апр 2018, 14:48 Изображение
The author of this piece of art photography subtly alludes to tyrannical oppression of contemporary man in a predominantly female family and the world's blithe indifference to this issue :D
#WeeklyArtReview #feminism
Yety, Заур, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 08 апр 2018, 15:11 Изображение
It's a physical education exam in one of the Chinese schools. A short, timed sprint from one end of the Great Wall to the other is required to pass the test.
#RunLolaRun
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарили (всего 2):
Yety, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 10 апр 2018, 19:53 Изображение
- Mom, I'm almost done with the appetizers! Serve the main course already!
#AbstemiousBreakfast
Yety, Mary May
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 11 апр 2018, 11:50 Изображение
That's a promo poster for David Attenborough's remake of Robert Rodriguez's classic action movie trilogy.
#ElMariachi
СпойлерПоказать
За это сообщение автора Бубль Гум поблагодарил:
Yety
Бубль Гум

Сообщение Бубль Гум »

Заур пишет: 15 апр 2018, 23:04 Изображение
This piece of AI-powered heavy machinery has enslaved a couple of human workers and now revels in beating these poor souls in their legacy games.
#Skynet #RiseOfTheMachines
Yety, Mary May
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
acapnotic
Благодарил (а): 279 раз

Сообщение acapnotic »

Заур пишет: 20 апр 2018, 10:37 Изображение
"All your banana are belong to us!"
За это сообщение автора acapnotic поблагодарил:
Заур
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

There are two groups of people in this picture standing in front of each other. On the left there is a group of 5 or 6 military men. On the right there is a group of 6 or 7 men, probably living in this village. In the background we can see a few small houses among palm trees and some hills and mountains far away from the scene. The military men are wearing greenish camouflage uniform. Probably they are all armed, at least one of them is carrying a machine-gun. One of them telling something to village men and he doesn't look very friendly. Probably there's some kind of a guerilla war is in progress and the state army is looking for their enemies and they warn civilians to stay out of this, not to help to criminals and report about every suspicious activity or people they see. I think it's in Africa.
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

Изображение
Заур

Сообщение Заур »

In this picture there is a man riding a quite big pig. A man and a pig are crossing the road. On the left there is also another man on the road standing by a car, he is smiling and taking pictures on the phone. In the background there is a white two-storey house. The men are wearing jackets so it's probably spring or autumn. I think the rider is drunk. It's cruel of him to torture the pig using it as a horse. The picture was probably made by another onlooker happened to be there.
Ответить