Moderation rights

Обсуждение функций и возможностей форума, предложения по нововведениям и изменениям в работе сайта, вопросы по действиям модераторов.

Модератор: Delly

Ленья
Благодарил (а): 662 раза

Сообщение Ленья »

Let’s allow the topicstarters to moderate their own threads as long as they request such possibility?
За это сообщение автора Ленья поблагодарил:
tourist
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Ленья пишет: 10 авг 2018, 09:53 Let’s allow the topicstarters to moderate their own threads as long as they request such possibility?
Ленья, do you feel like needing to moderate your threads?
Weird. Let them complain more frequently so that moderators can pay more attention to threads which are not very interesting to them.
How do you imagine that everybody is a moderator? It is OK when TS asks something about grammar or exams or any other technical questions. However, in case TS asks to criticise them, they would delete any unfavourable comments and leave only those favourable ones. However, if it is technically possible some privileged members could be allowed moderating their threads after they prove their trustworthy IMHO. I am not sure if it is possible technically, though.
I noticed that even the most law-abiding people could abuse their rights from time to time, though, to say nothing about people who tend to be a hooligan.
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Michelangelo,
I'm just looking for a way all the members to get along with each other.
It's pity that the highly regarded ones have to leave.
Michelangelo
Благодарил (а): 32 раза

Сообщение Michelangelo »

Ленья пишет: 10 авг 2018, 10:45 I'm just looking for a way all the members to get along with each other.
It's pity that the highly regarded ones have to leave.
I am afraid that moderation of own threads won't help to avoid conflicts. Moreover, when abusing, people will make such conflicts even wider. Can you guarantee that people will understand the rules correctly and strictly stick to them?
Of course moderators cannot follow all the threads and they could apply rules subjectively. But at least the members will blame only moderators if they are biased and not each other. So the conflict will be restricted to moderators only. I understand that few people will moderate their threads. Not everybody will be willing to do that, however, even if only 50 people will do whatever they want it could lead to even more conflicts IMHO.
Void

Сообщение Void »

I think TS just joking around. He can't be serious. I struggle even imagine all the ways people could abuse it but I can say "nothing good can come of it".
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Void пишет: 10 авг 2018, 17:46 I think TS just joking around
I am absolutely serious. Our forum is like a big hostel or, I don’t know, a “communal flat”. We can gather in the kitchen and discuss whatever we want. However, if someone is tired they can’t have a rest because of “so much noise!” I suggest allocating to everyone their own room and giving them their own key.
Void

Сообщение Void »

So, effectively you are suggesting we better close the kitchen altogether and lock ourselves in our own rooms. When get bored, we could invite neighbors but if they behave at our distaste we are going to throw them out. Am I correct?
За это сообщение автора Void поблагодарил:
zymbronia
Aksamitka
Благодарил (а): 761 раз

Сообщение Aksamitka »

Ленья пишет: 10 авг 2018, 20:39 I suggest allocating to everyone their own room and giving them their own key.
Personal websites, blogs, social networking etc will make the most of their jobs, I believe.
Ответить

Вернуться в «Вопросы и предложения к администрации»