23 дня трансформации сознания

В этом разделе вы можете принять участие или стать автором различных челенджей, языковых марафонов, викторин, квизов (quiz) и прочих подобных мероприятий.

Модераторы: Chinara, Delly

Ленья
Благодарил (а): 662 раза

Сообщение Ленья »

Подписал у начальника отпускную. 23 свободных от работы дня.
Друзья порекомендовали, как водится, уйти в запой.
Но... не по-нашему это, не по-английски).
Решил уйти в другом направлении: от русскоязычных друзей подальше, к англоязычным - поближе.
Т.е. к вам, дорогие мои!
Придумал для себя такой вот челлендж.
Весь отпуск без единого русского слова (ну во всяком случае, без острой необходимости буду стараться избегать общения на родном языке).
Меня, к слову, уже давно мучает вопрос возможности некоего подобия трансформации сознания в этом направлении.
Посмотрим, что из этой затеи выйдет)).
А поскольку заявлять можно всё что угодно, то дабы не быть голословным, обязуюсь ежедневно делать небольшой отчёт о моих успехах и разочарованиях и размещать здесь.
Итак, с 28 приступаем к consciousness-transformation или как оно там правильно...
Кто услышит от меня хоть слово по-русски - сразу ставьте в угол!
За это сообщение автора Ленья поблагодарили (всего 3):
well well well, Yety, vexel
Mountbatten
Благодарил (а): 135 раз

Сообщение Mountbatten »

Ленья, а как с окружающими будете общаться а повседневной жизни?
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Mountbatten пишет: 26 июл 2018, 15:18 Ленья, а как с окружающими будете общаться а повседневной жизни?
Если честно, не знаю.) Я никогда ничего подобного не практиковал.
Слава богу, самые близкие мне люди в моём семейном окружении (то бишь, супруга и дочка) понимают по-английски. Более того, жена может и ошибку исправить, и подсказать как лучше выразить мысль. Ну а с остальными попробую свести общение к минимуму. Собственно, я по жизни замкнутый человек, и так общаюсь не много, поэтому думаю, что проблем не будет.
Mountbatten

Сообщение Mountbatten »

Ленья, понятно. Интересно, пишите, как пойдёт)).
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Tomorrow I’m going to commence). As I promised. The idea sprang to my mind accidentally yesterday. At first I was excited. Such an adventurous experience! But now I’m gradually becoming a little bit frightened. However I know that spontaneous decisions often turn out excellent. It inspires me.
It’s time to do my preliminary. There is a little problem here. My wife forbids me to log in to our home computer. And this computer is not available almost all day long as well. My spouse has a remote job. So I’ve got to fix our old computer to be online. I hope to cope with this problem today. But probably it will take more time.
I’m going to start with revising of my vocabulary and some essential grammar rules in order to feel more confident. And while I’m on site I may as well download and print PDF-files for my favorite «6 minute English»
So… Wish me luck!
За это сообщение автора Ленья поблагодарил:
Yety
zymbronia
Благодарил (а): 195 раз

Сообщение zymbronia »

Ленья пишет: 26 июл 2018, 14:49 Весь отпуск без единого русского слова (ну во всяком случае, без острой необходимости буду стараться избегать общения на родном языке).
Ленья пишет: 26 июл 2018, 14:49 Кто услышит от меня хоть слово по-русски - сразу ставьте в угол!
Вы имеете без единого русского слова вголос. Слушать, писать, читать, думать - можно?
Ленья пишет: 27 июл 2018, 09:04 Tomorrow I’m going to commence). As I promised.
Ahh, I see now. You will start tomorrow. What about thinking, listenning, etc

Good luck!
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

I'll try to avoid reading, listening in Russian. Except some emergency of course. I mean I won’t watch Russian movies or programs, read Russian books & articles deliberately. And I hope I’m able to think in English (or my own substitute of English)) This is a purpose.
Yety
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

I managed to repair my computer eventually. It cost me a sleepless night. I’m tired but satisfied.
well well well
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

I’ve spent the first whole day without Russian. My condition isn’t very good. I have some problems with concentration. Everything around me is distracting. I tried to listen to something useful, but it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. A lot of Russian words are all over around me. I can’t help it. I’ve got to struggle to carry on in spite of many other accidental noises as well. Things are different usually. I feel completely exhausted. Did all my efforts go down the drain? I believe it’s too early to make such a conclusion. I know that I need just a big sleep now.
Mary May
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

The second ‘Russian-free’ day has just started. I woke up with a headache, but now, after a cup of freshly ground coffee, I'm much better. My intuition prompts me that not a ‘challenge’ causes the health-disorder. It is just an ordinary response of my organism to the holiday started.
zymbronia
Благодарил (а): 195 раз

Сообщение zymbronia »

I think you should have gone to some uninhabitet place with your English speaking family. Or bought a tour to the UK for 23 days :) You would have been headaching less :)
За это сообщение автора zymbronia поблагодарил:
Ленья
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

zymbronia, your tips a reasonable. This year it's too late to change something. The idea of 'consciousness-transformation' had come to mind shortly before my leave began. There was not enough time to get ready. Besides, it's difficult to find a uninhabited area nowadays)), but the proposition of spending my leave abroad sounds attractive. I'll try to find out if I could afford such a trip financially. Probably, next year?
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

I have almost used to leading Russian-free life. I decided to wear headphones while I’m outdoors. It proved to be useful to listen to English speech in laid-back way! I was told before that such an activity was a waste of time. That’s why I used to practice my listening skills trying to catch every word, repeating again and again. So exhausting!
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Ленья пишет: 30 июл 2018, 08:12 zymbronia, your tips a reasonable.
oops! "are reasonable". A slip of the tongue.
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Yesterday I gained a lot of useful experience. One of the most highly regarded members of our society volunteered to help me improve my English. I have noticed that such sort of feedback works twice better then endless reading of grammar rules. I wrote irrelevant ‘had got’ in spite of reading some corresponding rules at short notice. I had been familiarized with the rule and I did this mistake, despite! But since it was brought to my attention through the practiсe I have been writing properly. At least, I hope.) And there are many other examples as well. Thank you very much. This experience is priceless!
well well well
Mountbatten

Сообщение Mountbatten »

Ленья, so nice. Your writing looks fine , however, please, try to avoid starting your sentences with Buts and Ands. Sorry for unsolicited advice, just want to help.
За это сообщение автора Mountbatten поблагодарил:
Ленья
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Mountbatten пишет: 31 июл 2018, 08:10 Sorry for unsolicited advice...
Opposite! You are welcome!
well well well
Благодарил (а): 423 раза

Сообщение well well well »

Ленья пишет: 31 июл 2018, 08:04 I had been familiarized with the rule and I did this mistake
Despite the fact that many of us are often quite familiar with the rules, we still sometimes make mistakes. Nobody's perfect (with very few exceptions)))

Ленья, you're a star! I really think your endeavour is highly commendable! Keep it up and most of all, enjoy life with English!
За это сообщение автора well well well поблагодарил:
Ленья
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

well well well пишет: 31 июл 2018, 09:58 I really think your endeavour is highly commendable
thanks)
Akiko
Благодарил (а): 291 раз

Сообщение Akiko »

Ленья, in my opinion you will succeed.
Ленья пишет: 31 июл 2018, 08:04I have noticed
Ленья пишет: 31 июл 2018, 08:04I wrote
Ленья пишет: 31 июл 2018, 08:04 I had been familiarized
Ленья пишет: 31 июл 2018, 08:04 I have been writing
Please avoid so many "I" and try to use more introductory words and sentences such as
By the way... To my way of thinking... To begin with ... Briefly... It seems that... To tell the truth...
As far as I know... However… Frankly speaking... and so on.
In any case it will enrich your English
За это сообщение автора Akiko поблагодарили (всего 2):
Irregardless, Ленья
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Akiko,
“And so on” is not for me). It’s not the “tongue-tie” that causes a lack of such expressions in my messages. It’s my poor vocabulary and limited knowledge in general. Thanks, that you have already shared some of introductory words with me. Could you please give me more of them that are perceived as being essential according to your experience?
This thread is devoted to sharing my impressions, thoughts, new discoveries and small victories) relating to my fresh experience. So, to my way of thinking, some “I’m” are considered allowable. Nevertheless, I promise to do my best to assimilate your advice and adopt some useful approaches recommended here).
By the way, our family’s friend has invited us to see his place today. He is learning English in order to change his job. English is highly desirable these days, you know!
За это сообщение автора Ленья поблагодарили (всего 2):
well well well, Akiko
Akiko
Благодарил (а): 291 раз

Сообщение Akiko »

Ленья, Good morning! Thanks for your answer.
Ленья пишет: 01 авг 2018, 07:44 Could you please give me more of them that are perceived as being essential according to your experience?
It seems to me that ... Strictly speaking … As far as I know… As far as I can judge... Therefore … As a matter of fact... By the way... Nevertheless ...
To begin with … The thing is ... Besides ... In other words ... On the one hand, ... , on the other hand, ... It goes without saying ...
To tell the truth ... After all... In my opinion ... As I see it …
Yo can see that this is only a small part of the whole variety of such words and expressions.
You yourself can add this list by opening any book and even just a dictionary. Try to read more and good luck!
За это сообщение автора Akiko поблагодарил:
Ленья
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

Akiko, thanks!
There is another “challenge” arisen. It’s necessary to write up my message and answer to everyone before my daughter woke up. I seem to have failed now…
She is only three and she is quite a handful!
One day she drew “a picture” on the wall and rushed to boast: “I am an artist!”
I said: “That is good, but you, probably, have forgotten that your pictures are allowed on the especial sheet of paper only, haven’t you?”
“Never mind!” - she retorted – “Just put this especial sheet on the wall next time.”
Mary May
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

As you may already know, my wife, our daughter, and I took part in some kind of an English club gathering yesterday. Strictly speaking I am slightly weary of endless "I am know; it cat good; see on me..." Such things have proved to be fairly sticky. It impacts on my own English very much. Dear Teachers! I admire you! You have to deal with "I know English good" every day. Nevertheless, you keep speaking perfect.

Nonetheless, I'm determined to help my friends improve their English even if I've to do it at the expense of my own level sometimes. They are nice people and I sincerely wish to share my humble experience with them. As far as I can judge there is no harm in participating in such activities if you are able to realize that you are responsible for the result.
well well well
Ленья

Сообщение Ленья »

I’m looking forward to the upcoming lesson with my tutor today. We have arranged an additional one to take advantages of my vacation. Usually it’s impossible to afford such a luxury. As a breadwinner I have to work a lot. We decided to devote a few meetings to developing my listening. You know, this skill is not my strong suit, it brings up the rear. I had been proposed to begin with IELTS materials. Fairly speaking, the situation could have been worse. As far as I can judge, I’m not hopeless. On the one hand, if I tried to pass the exam I would fail, on the other hand, I hear, I’m able to find the answer after several times of listening. I’m full of energy to keep up my practice. Believe in your success and you will achieve it!
well well well
Ответить

Вернуться в «Основной форум о языковых челенджах, марафонах и викторинах»