English for an applicant. Upp-int.

Коммуникативная и другие методики преподавания английского языка, преподавание разным возрастным категориям, обсуждение и выбор учебников, обмен опытом.

Модераторы: JamesTheBond, mikka

fredholm

Сообщение fredholm »

Hey there. I was wondering if you could help me with a student. There is a Russian-speaking guy, who wants to get interviewed for a remote job in the US. He has been successfully interviewed by Russian-speaking representatives in his country and now he's about to talk with a US HR.

The guy's English is about B2 and and after our meeting I can see no reasons for him to fail. But he sort of asked me to prep him and cover subtleties, which might arise with questions. He assured me that there would be no job-related questions. We have about 5 weeks and I really don't know what to start with, since he seems to be good at any sphere.

I was thinking about giving some info about courtesy titles and indirect question at first, but I doubt if it's relevant. Or should we start with simple drilling the most common questions and collateral grammar and voc? And is there any kind of good source or coursebooks that you know?

I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Mary May
Благодарил (а): 2001 раз

Сообщение Mary May »

fredholm

Сообщение fredholm »

Mary May, thanks a lot!
Mary May
Благодарил (а): 2001 раз

Сообщение Mary May »

fredholm,
and more:
https://www.edx.org/course?search_query=job+interview
("Self-paced" means you can enrol any time you wish and get access to archived materials of the course)
Ответить