My only chance, perhaps,..

Discuss any questions in English. Practise your writing skills.

Модератор: zymbronia

Mary May
Благодарил (а): 2001 раз

Сообщение Mary May »

... to be heard by someone here on the form, is to write in this section, where my post, hopefully, would not hit the bottom immediately, within just a couple of hours, as it would definitely be the case if I put it in Флудилка.
At least, not that soon.

What I'm trying to do (again!), is to draw your attention to a dramatic fate of a unique Moscow theatre.
There are no so many opera houses at all, you may say, and so each of them is "one and only" in their own way. That is certainly true.

Still, what is special about Pokrovsky Opera compared to the "big names" in the field, is a personal touch. Created decades ago as a result of Boris Pokrovsy dedicated effort, the theatre has always been loyal to its founder's ideas, which were, namely, promoting either new or unfairly forgotten operas, be they the opuses of our contemporaries or of the masters of the past, and also, working with children (what I mean here, is the theatre's well-known children opera studio).

In contrast to the opera companies of comparable size and age, such as Dmitry Bertman's Helikon or St.Peterburg Chamber Opera, this theatre has never been too provocative in its stylistics, but rather cautious and caring when it comes to the pieces they perform. However careful this attitude may have been, it has never shifted to dogmatic and rigid conservatism, since, as I've already said, the theatre has always been a pioneer in discovering and presenting new names and new titles to the public.

What is more, despite all the economic collapses, the theatre has managed to maintain its price policy so that even the opera-lovers on a low income such as students or retired people still can afford to buy tickets to its performances.

What we are witnessing now, is that a theatre like this is about to be taken over by the Bolshoy! What would happen to them? The troupe are sure that they would be doomed to dissipate and lose their individuality, while the Bolshoy would gain a nice opera house in one of the very central pedestrian streets of Moscow.

So please, could you sign the petition below:

https://www.change.org/p/%D0%BE%D1%82%D ... 0%B3%D0%BE

In Russian:
Заголовок: В защиту театра

Any corrections/advice on a better word choice are more than welcome.
За это сообщение автора Mary May поблагодарили (всего 2):
September, Yety
Chaika
Благодарил (а): 6 раз

Сообщение Chaika »

Mary, thank you for the post.

the dramatic fate
not so many
strike "at all"
about the Pokrovsky
field is (no comma)
Pokrovsky's dedicated
which were promoting either
be they works of our
or works of masters in the past
also working
mean here is the
children's opera
attitude may be, it
conservatism since, as I've
"collapses" is maybe too strong a word. "troubles"?
even opera lovers on a low budget, such as
people, can still afford
now is that
So please sign the
За это сообщение автора Chaika поблагодарил:
Mary May
Olya
Благодарил (а): 159 раз

Сообщение Olya »

They have always had a nice variety of musical perfomances on offer.
За это сообщение автора Olya поблагодарил:
Mary May
Ответить